Anyone got any ideas?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bugz89, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Hi everyone

Got a plant that's been going for two weeks now. It's a Humboldt blue dream just a single plant under a 400w cool tube. It's in a canna and perlite mix and using canna nutes. Everything in the tent is OK, rh around 50 and Temps around 26 C dropping to 19 C at lights off. It's currently getting 20ml A and B, and 20ml rhizo per 10l. PH of the feed is around 6 and the run off I'm currently getting is 6.6 - 6.8. You should be able to tell from the pictures but the problem is a lot of lime green leaves and some going yellow is places, the pics are three days growth, one each day.

Day one:
    [​IMG]

Day two:
    [​IMG]

Day three:
    [​IMG]

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at a bit of a loss, any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Nutrient deficiency is what im thinking....try google....ing cannabis or marijuana plan deficiencies and there are several good guides to use.

3. Yeah that was my first thought so I looked it up and it looks like a nitrogen deficiency but I'm not sure how, the nutes I'm using should be providing enough and it's getting watered everyday almost

4. Well if you are positive you are giving it enough nutrients and its not taking it even though it needs it points to a nutrient lockout....are you POSITIVE about your ph?

How often are you watering? Are the roots getting enough oxygen?

5. Not as positive no as for the first 10 days the only way I had to test the pH was with a color indicator. I've since got a proper pH meter and made sure it's been the correct pH. Could a good flush through with nutes and correct pH maybe right some wrongs that might have happened whilst I couldn't control the pH as well?

6. NOOOO.....you would wanna flush JUST WATER at the correct ph and flush until your runoff is the correct ph. Next watering give her the APPROPRIATE amount of nutes, dont stack up on mutes because shes lacking....itll put you back in this position again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Now this is to the best of MY knowledge....so take it as you may

8. OK thanks, I've got a 10l bucket of feed made up that I know is definitely 5.8 pH and the nutes are fine. So I'll flush her tomorrow if I can with just pH adjusted water like you say then give her some of the feed. Will the leaves that are yellow turn green if the problem is sorted or will it just be new growth that's OK?

9. I honestly can't answer that question, Im sorry. I do know that if you catch it in time and make proper adjustments that the plant, while somewhat "stunted" now, will survive.....now whether thats by turning back green again or from new growth I do not know. TRUST ME, someone, or several someones will be here shortly to give you way better advice than me.

10. OK thanks. I haven't done anything to it yet and I think the newer growth is looking better. I topped her yesterday and the last two fan leaves look better to me. Still nothing like the ones my friend has going, the only difference between mine and his are... I used canna start for ten days and I've used rhizo, he hasn't.

Mine now:
    [​IMG]

Friends:
    [​IMG]

11. Yeah, i mean just the slightest of differences can make huge difference....trust me, I KNOW you want your plant to look and be as nice as your friends is (honestly we want it bigger and better tho...right? Lol) but uts not a race ora competition...remember that. If you have a mindset like that its easier to make mistakes by trying to "beef" it up with "extra" nutes.....only to burn or stunt them. Because she already us stressing quite a bit from the nute problem, i wouldnt do anymore stessing to her....such as anymore topping or pruning or anything like that....let her get through this bit of "trouble" before throwing her into some more :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah that sounds like good advice to me. It's not a race as his are autos and were started two weeks before mine, he doesn't know about mine just going to wait and see what what I get from mine before I tell him hahaha! But yes I'd like mine to be bigger and better. It's just annoying as he's just following my instructions, and it doesn't look like I can follow my own! Yeah will be waiting for the new growth to come through first before anymore topping, I reckon about a week.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OK so she's looking a lot healthier now parts of the yellow leaves have turned a nice shade of green and all new growth is looking good....
    [​IMG]

My problem now is yesterday when doing some lst I must have snapped one of the branches, it's one of the two that came from the first topping. I haven't noticed it until now, what's the best thing to do here? I'm thinking just leave it and see if it survives? Here's a pic...
    [​IMG]

14. Im not TOO sure with how long you have to give it its best chance, but alot of people seem to use electrical or duct tape to tape around the break...giving it support and tape as a "temporary skin" in order for it to heal. I can't REALLY tell from that pic...but it looks as if she is already in the process of healing herself....and seems, from what I can see in the pic, that she has it under control.....so maybe just keep an eye on it the next few days and see how that branch is responding. Up to you. Again, this is just the basic knowledge I seemed to have picked up on here. There is tons more of in-depth info about fixing this like this both on here and google......maybe search "fixing broken stem/branch" or something to that effect.....hope this helps you in any way shape or form...

BTW, plant looks ALOT better!!! Been doing your "homework" huh??? LOL Nice job bro, keep it up

15. That's a bummer I did the same thing to one of my outdoor plants. I wrapped it in a cotton type tape that stretched as the plant grew and it turned out fine. I wish I could find the picture I have of it. If I could find it I will post it

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I have snaped my fair share of branches and have recovered almost every time. If branch snaps in half, make a sling and or splint using whatever. Zip tie works best for me, anchored to main branch and then light coating of gorilla super glue.

If its Just a tear , use tape. If you happen to have any wheatgrass powder, add few drips of water to make paste and fill in tear on branch and cover with band aid etc. All based off personal experience.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nice info Herban....thanks!

18. Don't necessarily worry about your old leaves. Watch your new growth.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app