Anyone good with real estate?

Discussion in 'General' started by DutchX5, Mar 4, 2011.

1. I'm planning on moving to California (LA area) with 2 friends this August. We've been looking at various living arrangements online just to get a feel for the prices and what not. We found that a 3 bedroom apartment in a fairly nice complex/area ran about 1,300 without utilities.

But I just started looking at townhouses, mostly on golf courses. Some of them seemed to be geared more toward people renting them out for vacation rather than living in them, but it actually ends up being cheaper in the long run since they're fully furnished. This is one example: Palmer Residence Vacation Rental - VRBO 175961 - 2 BR PGA West Townhome in CA, Palm Springs/PGA West Newly Renovated Lakeview Townhome (yeah I know this isn't in the LA area but it's just an example of the type of place I'm looking at)

So a few questions:

1. Do you think there would be any other fees you would have to pay?
    2. Do you have to pay utilities (water, electricity, cable) since it's meant basically as a nice hotel room?

I know this is a strange place to ask for real estate advice but I just thought I'd get some input!

2. That's a timeshare.