Anyone good with cars? Can you shed me some light

Discussion in 'General' started by chinoko, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Wow, I haven't been on this site for years!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my car (Audi 2003 A4).

The RPM fluctuates crazily and then stalls my car.

Do you know the name of the car parts? I tied them with an AUX cable.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. That looks like a brake booster and the brake booster vacuum hose. Sounds like it's time for a replacement. It's also easy to do yourself if you are mechanically inclined.

3. Is it harder to press your brakes at all? Sounds like it could just be a vacuum hose, if not it's the master cylinder

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for taking the time to help dude. At times, pressing the brakes and steering was harder right before it would stall.

It sounds like air is leaking from that spot as well.

5. No problem man. Yeah as I suspected it is exactly what I thought. If you are lucky you will just need to replace a hose instead of the master cylinder. This will cost roughly $60. Good luck.

6. Thanks brotha, I truly appreciate it man!!! Peace

7. A vacuum leak will make your rpm surge like that and since you have one that must be it. It makes the computer confused as to the correct air-fuel ratio.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you guys. I've been trying to find the part online, do you know what key words I should use for Audi A4 2003?
    OES Genuine Brake Booster Vacuum Hose Fits: Audi A4 Quattro 2005 2004 2003
    could this be it?

The part that is broken is where the middle clasp looking things are. They are loose fitted, so I tied it with an aux

9. Is there any way you can stop the leak with plastic tape for now? I know a ribbed hose is difficult to rig. I don't have any idea if that's the right part or not. I guess if it's listed as the replacement hose and it looks the same then it's probably it.