Anyone go to comunity college...

Discussion in 'General' started by S.W.E.D.420, May 6, 2008.

1. With no dorms? How is it? Are there even any parties lol (considering no dorms doubtful). I'm just trying to decide where i want to go after this summer...btw im smoking a j of some pretty good outdoors now its marijuana related :smoking:

2. When college starts up in August I will be in community college. For the price it's worth it, I know that if I went away for college I would be chillin more than I would be doing school work. Dont be ashamed, you still leave with at least an assosciates degree or transfer out to finish your last two years.

3. ya i go to community college. its cheap and u can take some of the same courses as at state schools or whatever. and a lot of kids have their own places, so there are still parties.

good luck in school next year man.

4. Well, I go to community college but its seriously within miles of my planned destination so its cool...I transfer next fall

5. i went to a community college before i went to the state university. its the same thing but smaller. no parties at all but you make friends fast and get more hook ups and alot of party invitations. i'm pretty sure you're not a douche bag so you'll get properly wasted.

6. I go to community college... mine is real chill everyone is nice and friendly and most my teachers are old hippies... its chill

7. i currently go to a local community college. its pretty close and cheaper and i got all my gen. eds. done. and after getting my gpa up such i am transferring to uc-denver in the fall. all in all a pretty good choice imo.

8. Well i got into regular colleges too and have the money to pay for it...i just dont know if i want to leave yet haha...Plus parties is a big part.

9. haha no offense but the title to this thread proves why you are at c-o-m-m-u-n-i-t-y college

10. I just typed it quick, and i got into better schools....

11. then go to them...

12. yeah man, if you got in, hit it. haha.

13. Just go to your normal college if you have the money. I'm going to a community college and then transferring to a normal one to save some money.

14. I went there. No real parties in a traditional college sense but their around.. just gotta meet people

15. Im taking a summer class or two at the community college in my hometown just to get my GenEds out of the way to make sure I graduate from my real school on time, does that count?

16. Yeah, ok, try using proper punctuation if your going to try and make fun of somebody for spelling something wrong and for making an effort to better themselves. Your a sure fire rocket scientist.:hello::hello::hello:.....:mad:

Also the preferred way to say "You are" by modern english standards is "Your".

Ownage (n.)- the act of being owned, schooled, dominated, or made to look foolish.

"This post was complete ownage."

17. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

18. it's "you're" actually in that context, not your. You are is correct as well.

19. Of course, I'm finishing my first semester tomorrow. There's absolutely nothing wrong with starting at a community college, as far as I'm concerned. They really prepare you with what to expect when you do finally make the leap to a University. To be blunt, forget practically everything that you were taught in high school. That was indoctrination, not education. Avoid turning yourself into a mindless robot and you'll do very well in college.

Also, parties are pretty difficult to find at a community college unless you really spend time asking around where the different Frat Houses are at. There are a few within a few miles of my house, but I don't bother with them.

20. i recommend you go BUT!!!!!!! DO NOT GET LEFT BEHIND!!!!! so many people (including myself) are stuck in a cc due to laziness and lack of plans. i suggest getting on a type of 'fast track' transfer program to get the hell outta there!! sure it's cheap but there aren't any real parties cuz everyones focused on getting out, and if they're not (like me) then they will be spending a few more years in this half high school half university hybrid. good luck and study hard!!!