Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone getting sick of the term "dank"?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by frodobaggins, Apr 16, 2010.

1. I don't know what it is about that word, it just seems like "heddies" or "heds" or "fire" seem like better alternatives. Maybe just a pet peave of mine. Any input would be nice!

2. I'm gettin tired of your face. :p J/k (not serious, seriously. :p :p)

And pointless threads. :rolleyes: ;) :wave:

J/k

I don't call shit 'dank' or anything else. I ask the grower what the strain is. :smoke:

3. if you look up the definition it doesnt even work with weed-_- thats what annoys me

we are all technically saying " oh man this bud is so Disagreeably damp or humid i cant wait to try some"

4. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[​IMG]

5. hes right the actual definition of the word "dank" is unpleasantly damp,wet, humid. It is true though I dont even know how that term came about but it does seem to have a nice strong tone to it when Its used to describe a quality of weed. like when You tell some one you want Dank they pretty much know what you mean lol

6. Heh, yeah, I can just hear a shady dealer' sales tactics now...

"Dude, this is the best. They call it Mexican brick. The guys who sold it to me gave me a great deal on a bunch of it. They say it's called brick because it hits you like one!"

To the OP though, I do agree with you, but it's just a term. I don't really get terms like "beasters" either, that seem to be a regional term, and do nothing more than confuse the rest of us. I think we need a quick sticky that has both names and measurement slang in it (heddies, heads, beasters, schwag, dank, mids, nick, dub, etc.). Someone made recent post that had some of this info in it which was good. Dunno if it included all this slang tho.

7. tbh, im a little sick of the term 'term.'

i mean there are lots of alternatives: phrase, indication, expression, designation, title... and of course... word.

i dunno. 'term' is just so played out.

8. What about Stanky Dankerton?:smoking:

9. Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to know I'm not the only one! It's all matter of perspective, and location. I just know that the only time I bought off a kid that called it "dank" I was in 8th grade and he was some sketchball. And yeah, the fact that my dad used to call our basement dank when it flooded doesn't exactly help either lol.

10. True.

A lot of people lie. I gave you +rep just for that.

I can show you proof that I know what I'm talkin about. I live in nor cal though, and all my pick up threads give proof enough. LBs of OG and Haze direct from the source show you whats up.

[​IMG]Salmon creek

[​IMG]OG Kush x Sweetooth

[​IMG][​IMG]

SSH x Thai Haze

Don't hate. :p

11. i see what ya did there, lol. +rep

12. #13 Olesmoky, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    Dank Defined: unpleasantly moist or humid.

My good weed (dank) is usually sticky with trichs (moist/humid) however it isn't unpleasant :D

I personally have no problems with the word dank. It sounds dank if you ask me. :cool:

Terms related to weed I can't stand: Dro, and beasters.

13. Where I'm at people use it to describe really good food and shit too.

Who really fucking cares. Haterz mayne fuckin' haterz. :( :eek: :smoke:

14. Well in German the word dank (pronounced like the first part of donkey with a little more "u" in it) is the noun form of thanks. Danke is like thank you and danke shoen is thank you very much. But I doubt whoever started this usage had that in mind

15. The term dank to me is like kind bud, I never heard it used growing up in NY. I just call it pif or fire, but whatever vernacular makes you happy, go with it.:smoke:

16. I don't really say the word too much, and when I do it's mainly in a mocking fashion. I do like it because of the creative ways you can use it.
    Such as: Dr. Dankenstein, Dank Sinatra, etc

17. I definitely overuse the word dank. Other words to describe my bud:

Heads/Headies
    Fire (Headies that are a little better than regular quality)
    chronic (means the best available where i'm from, possibly the best you've ever seen or have seen in a long time)

dank is a broad term. people overuse it and it just sounds like you're feeding me BS about how good it is.

18. That's why "dank" is a nickname for good bud...all drugs have some crazy name that isn't related.

At least they're not calling it dro/hydro.