Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

anyone get sensitive to cold when stoned?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OG Connoisseur, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Sometimes I smoke late in my backyard or other outdoor locations with my bros and I've noticed that even when I'm not cold before smoking sometimes I get super cold, even breaking out in chills. anyone else have this problem?

2. yes and yes again, i thought it was just me and the cold also brings on or used to bring on my anxitey attacks.

3. Yeah, I think you're more receptive to coldness, and being cold really kills the high :\

4. I get cold really easy no matter if I'm stoned or not

5. I guess it depends on what type of cold it is & what i'm doing at the moment.
    It's always cool to get a little chill down your spine every once in a while.

Last winter i kind of felt like smoking made the cold bearable. but that fucking blizzard that hit us was not cool at all, smoking didn't do anything with that..lol. So to an extent, i'm sensitive, but i'm not.

6. Yes, unless you smoke in the Antarctic, then of course you get "hot flashes"

7. Yup, I dunno why but this happens to most of the people I smoke with and myself as well. But I think mainly what's happening is that you get more sensitive to temperatures, I can also get really warm if the temperature is high. I love the winter though, nothing better than sitting inside high and watching the snow land on the ground!

8. happens to me all the damned time. its incredibely annoying.

9. I didnt before but i read this thread, and im shaking now :(

10. Yes when its moderate to cold weather im suitable to that. But when its really hot and humid i get really dizzy if im standing up smoking and have the urge to shit down and smoke or else il pass out from the temp being too hot, maybe its an anxiety attack, but idk im afraid to ask a doctor

11. Marijuana causes vasodilation [your blood vessels relax and more blood flows.] This is that warm flush you feel after a good hit.

Vasodilation means more blood goes closer to the surface area of your skin, causing the blood to cool more rapidly, and then you feel chilly.

It is worse for girls usually. :)

12. Yeh definatly if im sitting outside when its cold. Gives me a really intense cold shiver which always makes me feel a bit panicky cause i dont like feeling cold

13. it may be because smoking resticts blood vessels and makes you colder

14. X2 this is exactly what happens to me as well

15. Yes

The answer I have arrived at is this
    The 'cold' you are feeling is the representation of the amount of 'dead' you are with regard to how alive you should be

Through the years you have 'died' your feeling have 'died' - upon getting high you are recalling you should be feeling more than you are - upon seeking this feeling -0 you feel 'cold'

the 'dying' is possibly a result of 'fear' or similar

unedited for surfaceness

16. Absolutely. I dont mind it actually because I usually take a hot bath or crawl under the covers and get nice and warm:smoke:

17. I am already super-sensitive to the cold when I'm sober, when I'm high you may as well spray mace in my eyes and say "HEY BRO YOU STILL BAKED!??!"

18. I'm always cold but that's what nice fluffy socks and blankies are for.

19. With this cold front that's hitting la right now, I'm freezing my balls off whether I'm baked or sober

20. I hate the cold when im stoned :(