Anyone from the Upstate Ny/ Binghamton area should read!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by venom412, Feb 13, 2008.

1. http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080213/OPINION/802130339

This article goes to show that many people in our area are for the cause of legalization on atleast some level. I think as educated citizens of the Great Binghamton area we should join together in our cause. If anyone is interested in starting a NORML chapter in our area please contact me via message. With the presence of 2 colleges in the Binghamton area and countless others within a 1 hour radius I dont see why we can't gain support and speak out for our cause.

2. i'm from roc man, good luck with that...there is really no point to it, it isn't gonna do shit

just get high

3. Well of course there wouldn't be any immediate results, but things like this are absolutely necessary if any change is to ever happen. It's not about whether you or I or anybody else can get high, no... because everybody here knows first hand that the legal status does not prevent anyone from getting their green if they want it. It's about our rights as citizens. From an outside perspective (bear with me), I would not want my tax dollars going to incarcerating or persecuting law-abiding citizens just because they enjoy a puff. Apathy is the enemy of progress. It's true, this probably wouldn't help us or many current generation smokers, but it's the idea that matters, change is possible if people work at it.
    I am a student at Binghamton U. and would join this cause, and I know others that also would.

Cheers!

4. Syracuse baby