Anyone experienced in law? Need help

Discussion in 'General' started by AsthmaticStoner, Nov 10, 2018.

1. My grandmother passed away back in 2015. I'm one of her beneficiaries. The house still hasnt been cleaned out. There was lots of questionable things that have happened throughout the while process. Family members dipping into the inheritances and so forth.

I got a text from the power of attorneys wife(might be ex wife...idk) the other day...and I have some reasonable doubts about it.

::

Important can you email [insert womans first and last name] and let her know you are satisfied with the accounting of the Estate of [my grandmother]. And copy me? This needs to be done today. Nothing fancy just what I stated. Thisattorneylady@wolriv.com
    Ex wife/wifesemail@email.com

Did research on the (wolriv.com) and did not find a lady by the name in which she was speaking about.

Help!!

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Get an Attorney.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Me and my boyfriend went through this but he was the one delegating the belongings and the main decision maker when it came to selling the house.

Sounds like the power of attorney has been shopping offers BUT, they can’t go through with the sale unless all beneficiaries agree. You need to see the offer on the house and the paper work before you agree to ANYTHING.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I have yet to recieve any paperwork on anything about the estate.

I cant afford an attorney

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Well then just tell her that you aren’t putting your name on anything unless you see paperwork or she explains what it is.

It’s sad but you can’t trust people, especially when it comes to money and property.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Take a look at this article. Due to the nature of this, some laywers may very well defer payment and waive retainer. If not, you can possibly go the legal aid/pro bono route. Look at this article for more details.

In any scenario, do not sign or send anything electronically until you can get some free advice/consultation.

What if You Can't Afford a Lawyer? | Rocket Lawyer

7. [​IMG]

Relatives when the smell of money is in the air.
    The more money that is at stake the better the odds are that one of them will make a try at snatching it all.
    Demand a copy of the will. Pray it wasn't a trust. (best way to steal money from the elderly)
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. My problem lies in the trust for the power if attorney...i feel if I demand documentation that I will be sent something that might not be entirely true/not the full amount of documentation needed

9. Do not, do not do this. Especially since you have reservations about it.

You don't have to. So dont.

There are some law forums. Check google.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ask me about Bird Law

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I wouldn’t trust her to explain Jack.

OP - don’t sign Jack Shit either. And by the way - nothing “has to be done today”.

J

12. So - what is “Bird Law”?

Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bullshit on that. But no matter what, you NEED a lawyer whether you can afford one or not. Work it out. Somehow. Anyhow. But whatever you do - GET A LAWYER.

And don’t sign shit without one no matter how good it sounds or who says what.

J

14. You can’t afford to NOT get a lawyer my friend. Do whatever is needed to get one.. ASAP.

15. Speak with an attorney, most consultations are free and they can guide you on what you should do...Beyond that, give out no information and proceed cautiously.

Just assumin' here, but I bet someone got your information online and are attempting to push you into a scheme that will ultimately milk you of some or all of whatever you gained. Usually correspondence is done by either telephone/mail or in person for this very reason, most of the time you can safely ignore any emails and typically it is recommended you do so.

There are spiders in them internets.:coolalt:

16. I'll look into an attorney. Or at least a consultation. I can confirm that its not fake. Its from the actual persons number. My sister spoke to them. Everyone else has swnt an email. I am the remaining one who hasnt. And I dont plan on it.

17. What state are you in?

18. How did it go?