Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone ever use marijuana for nausea?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jsawicki50, Feb 22, 2007.

1. I've got mono right now and my symptoms are mostly just severe throat pain and congestion along with a little ear pressure. Occasionally every hour or two I get some nausea and I feel as though I'm going to vomit (and most of the time I follow through). The point I'm making is that I've found if I stay high... I wont vomit. Theres so few drugs out there that are even known of that can take away nausea. It's just a shame that no one will take the time to look at some positive aspects of the drug. Has anyone ever been sick before and smoked and felt better?

2. yes i've used it. It works amazingly to my surprise.

3. I find when i smoke my normal amount 1/2 eighth a day for awhile, then stop i start to get nauseua if i dont smoke....

4. i've used smoking to my (health) advantage sooo many times. it's helped my nausea, cramps, headaches, lower back & neck pain (from a car accident).

but, if you believe in something it's gonna work, regardless. that's my experience, anyway.

5. I just really think it's great that I'm able to go 2+ hours without vomiting and I'm finally able to eat food. It works way better than the lortab they give me. (hydrocodone and tylenol mixed together into 1 pill). Those things make you just feel really really drowsy and drunk feeling... and I prefer not to feel drunk while I'm sick lol.

6. I've had bad guts my whole life (collic (sp?) when young, bad viruses ever since, and more recently ulcers)... MJ is a miracle for GI ailments. Fucking works wonders :D :hello:

7. Yes, I use it for that exact reason; nausea...and cramps.

I have Chrone's Disease, so I live in constant nausea and my stomach cramps so badly it feels like I swallowed razor blades and they're swimming in my stomach. After years of doctors those two symptoms still persist. And the pain was so bad after eating I'd go days without eating just to avoid the torment.

I found that pot was the only thing that truly helped. After a few hits (not even enough to get much of a buzz) I could feel my stomach loosening and the cramping/nausea would lighten. But I was just smoking to get high at the time. My wife (we had just started dating at the time) bought me a sack and a one-hitter to keep w/ me so I could eat out with her, ect.

So now I smoke a few hits before meals, and a bowl at night and my nausea and stomach pain gone. Looking to move to a MMJ state and pray they'll script it.

8. Shouldn't be hard with Crohn's... I'm pretty sure there's a good amount of states where that counts as a legit reason for a MMJ script.

9. now see im skeptical, because i myself have puked while under the influence, and have seen friends puke while under the influence, oh by the way alcohol was never involved in case anyone was wondering

10. I'm fixing to try it again...I'm nauseus as all hell and the four Pepto Bismol caplets I took almost an hour ago haven't done squat for me.

11. pot totally cures nausea

i fear that i have chrons as well, not sure if i do but i do get stomach pains rather often

12. i have major stomach problems, and when im on the herb its all good, yes i do use it to help my stomach

13. I've puked after toking before (as have a few friends of mine)... Usually from either coughing too hard, or from smoking way too many blunts... I find that if I'm already nauseous, and I smoke, that the nausea goes away... Like if I've got a stomach virus and roast up a couple bowls, I'll feel 200% better.

14. i have IBS or so they say i do. im nausious and in pain most of the time, its horrible. the days i feel like i cant eat cause im so nausious i blaze a bowl wait about 30-45 minutes then the munchies kick in and i eat. everytime im in stomach pain i smoke a bowl and it usually relieves the pain.

15. Yeah, smoking the bowl can be the hardest thing in the world to do if you a puking and shit; but 20 minutes later, you are running around and eating cheezits.

16. Glad to see it works for so many people, but I appear to be immune to the healing effects. I started smoking after I posted this:
    ...and decided not to stop until I was feeling better. I got REALLY baked, which was awesome, but all it did for my stomach was make me feel so dizzy that eventually I just felt sicker and ended up throwing my guts up. *shrug* 'Long as it's still fun. :)

17. Ya don't wanna get totally baked... Just smoke a little. Munch on some crackers or something, as well... If the stuff works for chemo patients, it'll work for you, lol :D

18. Thing is eating causes the pain to come back, YES the THC helps your stomach feel nice n soothed. But the fact of us thinking we can ingest all that garbage is what gives us nausea in the first place!!

The main reason I use cannabis nowadays is because my stomach pains are intolerable after i eat meals, and since im diabetic i ahve to eat meals, so many a day!! Its painfull, but i manage to get my carbohydrates in and take proper insulin for it. I cant enjoy foods i used to, simply because there aint no desire, unless im blitzedd!!!

I find if I smoke about an hour or so before meals, and after, it gives the best intensity of a buzz, and relieves the stomach pain for the longest. Its obvious that eating kills a buzz! Especialy when ur all toleranced up !