Anyone ever use beneficial nematodes?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by wolfer, Jun 12, 2016.

1. So this past week I have torn out my backyard (rose bushes and palms) and put in New fencing. While doing this I noticed my backyard is infested with root aphids as well as their cousins (good ole sap sucking aphids) I'm now realizing why all the ladybugs I've bought haven't completely gotten control of the problem as ladybugs don't burrow into soil. So I've done my research and everything points to these beneficial nematodes. So my questions are has anyone used them? How'd it work out? How long did you continue to treat the area before you finally got it under control? And where'd you get them from? I'm in socal and I'd prefer grabbing them locally over ordering online, any advise there? Ill be making a grow room above my garage in the next few months but now I'm thinking that's gonna have to go on hold till i can eliminate these aphids (they are so small so I'd imagine they'd find a way in my room through the ventilation, which makes the room pointless if they intrude) thanks a lot gents!

2. Bugs are no biggy

as often bugs like lions will hunt only the weakest of your plants

insert compatible plants,

I use 200-300 geraniums in my garden,

they are the source of many fly sprays

give greater consideration to the fuckutating temps in your proposed grow space

good luck