Anyone ever served in Iraq and the Middle East?

Discussion in 'General' started by PeruvianDank, Nov 18, 2012.

1. As part of any armed forces?

[​IMG]

Got any cool stories? :smoke:

2. Im in the army infantry joined in 2009 getting out in 19 days. I recently spent 11 months in kandahar, Afghanistan in the second deadliest valley in the world the arghandab river valley. Basically I walked all day everyday across that damn valley getting shot at while the ground was filled with russian pmn mines left over from the red army and homemade explosives hidden behind mud walls. Lost some good friends Almost lost my own life a few times. Hell I almost lost my mind Anyways enough background...storytime.

We lived on a little combat outpost in the middle of the valley and we left everyday for foot patrols or to roll out if anyone nearby got hit with either an ied or firefight or complex ambush or whatever really. Well one day we start hearing some pop shots a ways off about a click or so north towards the highway. So we calk it up and sure as shit our sister outpost is getting hit with sniper rounds from a recoiless rifle.Now theres not many things in this world I fear more than a recoiless rifle. So we head out that direction skirting the woodline and keeping our heads down when BOOM out of nowhere the loudest explosion hits me square in the chest from what seemed like 50 meters. In reality a convoy about 500 meters out had gotten hit with a deep bury. Killed the first chaplain since vietnam. Goetzinger was his name. So we haul balls towards the sister outpost still figuring we'll deal with the convoy later. On the way there we start running into a little stray pop shots and one cracks over my head. Not my first rodeo but everyones buthole puckers up a bit when that happens. So anyways we're moving through thick brush at this point when we hit a clearing so we stop about 20meters shy and dig in. The sister outpost radios up and says theyre getting hit by about a platoons worth of 7.62. We wait south of the outpost for about 10mins thinking they'll break contact soon. They loved to shoot and run see. Well that's exactly what they did and right into our L shaped ambush. I opened up the 240b and it was getting dark so all I could see through my nods was their nuzzle flashes and then mine and then my squad leader screaming trying to walk me onto targets it ended when we ceased fire popped a smoke at the stragglers dragging bodies called up an 8 digit grid and got the **** outta dodge. A-10's finished off the rest as we walked back. It still seems today this firefight lasted 30 secs. In reality it lasted 30 mins.

Haha that took a while to write out on my phone. Anyways I'm actually against the war now so not proud of most of what I did although it was done in survival mode.

Ill put some pics up in a sec

3. ^ dam dude goood shitt crazy