Anyone ever see the No Child Left Behind act?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sovereign Psyche, Oct 16, 2011.

1. #1 Sovereign Psyche, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
  2. If you make a kid read that they will be left behind.

3. many wrote it, in parts slapped together.

nobody that voted on it read it

i.e..it forces the public schools lessons and graduation criteria to be dumbed down to the lowest denominator...the dumbass level.

it in no way attempts to rectify a lack of teachers, increasing the number of good teachers.
    it ignores facts like smaller classes that met high criteria to get to the next level can progress faster, learn more, then huge classes full of dumbasses that are just passed along least they be left behind.

it was a P.C. attempt to appease the minority group of parents with retarded kids, kids with a low IQ, mental issues, that could not pass to the next grade nor graduate.

4. i dunno I think education in general has gotten better. Kids still drop out. Elementary schools and middle schools are improving. At least in my area. America still has the best colleges. Giving americans a huge advantage, in other countries they fight to get into american colleges. Problem is they raise prices when government pays for loans/grants.

Also sucks having to pay for classes you dont give a shit about to get a degree.

5. Amen, brother.

6. Yeah thats why I've considered a trade school or something.. I hate doing the math english bullshit

7. Scores may be improving, but that doesn't mean aptitude is. Standardized testing is a dumb concept based on regurgitation.

I took these classes in High School for free. At least I'm at a community college so I can get this stupid shit out of the way for fairly cheap.

8. When both The Progressive and Fox New hate something, it must have flaws.:p

One Teacher

9. you really need math and a fluent understanding of at least one language.
    Math is a very important skill, you MUST know math.

I think its possible that the main reason math was dumbed down in our public education system was so the kids (baby sheeple) wouldn't grow up to understand how DC was fucking them in favor of the bankers and corps.:devious:

10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

no child left behind.