Anyone ever make DMT?

Discussion in 'General' started by carcass, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Using this guide?
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/extraction_guide1/dmt_extraction_guide1.shtml

Step 2 and 3 confuse me. I have white vinegar instead of muriatic acid. In step 2 it gives you 3 options for acid, and on the vinegar one it says 5% acidity, ~2 cups, or 500ml for every 50g root- bark. Then step 3 shows a picture, where JAR A has 500ml, is 5% acidic/ph2........ so, does that mean I ONLY use vinegar? Or do I add the vinegar to the water?

2. Zach??

is that your name?

3. George, Is that you?

4. Yeah Dawg thats me! jk

lmfao my homie Zach asked ME this same question like a day or two ago. Thats why I asked. lmfao.

5. haha, weird!

nope, my name is tyler:wave:

6. Okay, I've been up since very early, so this might be wrong (I didn't read the whole set of instructions), but it sounds like you just need to hit pH 2, regardless of what acid you use. You can use litmus paper to check (it's very cheap, and if you were around Minnesota, I'd give you some), or a pH meter if you have access to one. Muriatic acid is a synonym for hydrochloric acid: HCl gas dissolved in water. It's a much stronger acid than acetic acid (vinegar), so you'd probably need to add less to reach pH 2 (pure water is pH 7; the scale goes from strong acid at pH 0 to neutral at pH 7 to strong base at pH 14).

Also, the standard warnings apply: concentrated hydrochloric acid is very corrosive and the vapors can burn your eyes, nose, etc. Be very careful when playing with that stuff. Once the pH is neutralized closer to 7, hydrochloric acid is not toxic, but any contaminants in impure acid may be.

7. so does that mean i add the vinegar to the water?