Anyone ever heard of PURE bongs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by optimolife, Aug 16, 2008.

1. I'm looking to buy a bong in the next week or so, and I'm looking at Roors, PHX..but this local store has a PURE brand name bong for a decent price....triple perc 2 footer with ashcatcher for a little over $300.... this thing looks sick but I've never heard of PURE.

It's glass on glass and all clear...now, should I go with a USA roor, a PURE, or just get a german roor from grasscity.com??? toooo many choices.

2. pure glass is definatly nice!

3. choose what you like
    ive seen abuncha pures here in SD...they seem legit and look clean. are you going for art or function?

4. my friend just bought a double perc 2 footer for $120. it hits just like her roor. defientaly a steal!

5. i own a 2 perc 24''

it is amazing

6. Not looking for an art piece, just want something that hits clean like any good glass on glass piece should. This Pure had a huge ash catcher compared to the PHX one they had, and the price was good...I'll most likely end up with the Pure and post some pics for you guys in the next week

7. I was in a store today where they had a 2+ foot PURE with two tree percs and ice catcher. It was frosted except for the length of the tube that had the percs. It was fucking sweet glass. I think the price was at $350

8. lol thanks ..yep same one I saw at the store, I guess they do seem legitimate. The glass had some nice weight to it, nice and thick... thanks for posting the pic

9. i smoke many PURE GLASS tubes.

their excellent quality! glass is just a touch soft for me,great alternative to roor

10. it hits very smooth
    i rarely use ice unless someone needs it
    but its a great piece

11. for the price I don't think I can pass it up, just have to wait for Friday (payday!) :mad:

12. Is it a dome perc piece? I wouldn't drop 300 on that.

13. Yes. they have been at it for a good long time. first time i ever smoked Glass on Glass or with an ashcatcher it was a pure. (this was back in the day. it wasnt glass on glass on glass, it had a rubber washer between the female and the tube. it was still legit. lets remember that this was back in the day.)

PURE is one of THE most reputable glass companies.

14. Perc as an ice catcher = bad idea. You risk breaking the perc when you drop ice onto it.
    Btw, that tree perc looks like chinese prodo glass so beware. I would personally spend 250 on something else (Roor/Lux mini).

15. This isn't my picture, but I ended up getting this exact bong:

[​IMG]

1 perc, ice catcher, difuser stem....$260

16. i have gone through 3 different pures, including a 3 footer with 2 percs they've all broken at the same spot. right on the side on the bottom. they're all thin as shit there. phx is much sturdier

17. their beakers are, but their straight tubes are solid as a rock imo

18. #20 ihugtrees, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
    you're probably right. the tube part was always quite strudy. but i love beakers, so phx for me.