Anyone ever heard of Bela Fleck and The Flecktones?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Dude Man, Aug 29, 2007.

1. So, I went to see them for the first time playing at my college tonight (smoked up twice during the show :smoke:), and they were really good. They're a sort of jazz jam-band, but they play some really interesting stuff.

Just wondering if anyone's heard of them before, since I hadn't before today.

2. Bela Fleck is great. I've seen him a bunch of times in alot of different groups. I was listening to a duo cd of him and Chick Corea the other day (The Enchantment) and was blown away.

3. Umm... let me first point out that Bela Fleck plays the banjo. Second, Victor Wooten is his bassist. If you don't have any idea who these people are, you should check them out. If you consider your self a fan of smart , high caliber musicianship, I guarantee you will appreciate Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.

4. they are wonderful

5. If you just found them for the first time, then you are in for a shitload of good music. Bela Fleck's discography is awesome, check out everyone he's ever worked with, because they are all great in their own right too.