Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone ever have a throat issue while smoking/eating cannabis ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rangersfan221, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Here's some small background about my current issue. I started smoking/ using pot again. In the beginning it was fine. I'd bug out a little here and there but nothing crazy. Recently I have been eating a piece of brownie and all of a sudden my throat felt like it was tighter or something small was stuck there. That use to happen to me when I was anxious, but when that happened to me using pot I wasn't anxious. I wouldn't have thought anything of it except the sensation of my throat stayed with me AFTER I wasn't high anymore. It lasted about 2 days after. I thought it was a coincidence and waited a few days before doing it again. It happened again. My question to everyone is have you ever had something like this happen to you before? a weird throat sensation lasting a few days AFTER? Do you think I could be allergic to pot? I hope not. But this throat sensation is ruining it for me currently.

Also I thought that if it was an allergic reaction, taking some Claritin would help. It didn't do anything. It went away the next day. Final thoughts ??

2. Probably your cancer pissed that your demolishing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I think everyone gets the throat issue. Mine gets tight when I first start up and lasts for several weeks sometimes when I'm not smoking. I think you get tar and other contaminants that coat your throat and bothers you until you get used to it. Since I started using a water pipe it has greatly reduced.

I experienced tightness even now but it's much less. Just smoke less and it should get better.

4. I got it from eating a brownie though, not smoking so I'm not sure if the tar is really a factor.