Anyone ever get this notice?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AlienBlood, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Very strange. I don't ever download anything illegally but I do loan out my computer to various people, most of which I forgot their names and after reading the notice i checked and it looks like some asshole downloaded some movies. What an asshole. I deleted them and if I ever find out who downloaded this shit I will let them know I think that was just not cool. ;)

Careful out there. :bolt:

2. Somebody downloaded torrents on your account.

It may be someone jacking your wifi.

They send these because torrents download and upload the data to others at the same time, making you a distributor while downloading them.

I would secure my connection and keep my friends off.

3. ive gotten like 5 of those in the last year... usually when i download something new like pirates of the car.... or disney ....
    they say they will shut it down but i have never had any problems with it.
    U are fine buddy , dont trip.
    they have auto generated messages that get triggered when the spiders they have watching a certain file gets hit.
    ur provider wont get a notice to shut it down unless u are doing it over and over and over...
    i download at least 20 shows a week and probably the same in movies.
    my external terabyte hd has like 30 gigs left and its all from pirating.

summary... ur fine. just make sure if u use torrent u have peerblock or some other form of blocker. it wont block them all but it stops some from getting ur info.

4. Why would you do that?

5. That information is classified. ;)

6. That's just too funny

How is it the innocent dude who downloads a single movie gets jumped onto by the FBI but the ones downloading every movie and computer program ever made never get a single notice?

• Like Like x 1
  7. To clarify what happened here:

A movie production company (Disney, for example) downloads their own movie in a torrent. They track all the IP addresses they download it from, and link the IP addresses to certain ISP's. Their lawyers send all the info to the ISP's.

Then the ISP sends you the notification letter. It is not a big deal until you have received several and not responded; eventually they will shut your Internet off.

At this point the FBI isn't involved or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This is correct. Most of the time, the movie studio's are only going after people sharing movies that are currently in the theater, or were just released on dvd.

9. .....Or so you think.... ;)....Looks to me like they're on to ya```