Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else with Tourettes?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ziggyfry, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Is there anyone else here who uses MMJ for Tourettes?

I've had Tourettes since I was around 6, but it was never a problem until the past 2 years or so.

I find that when I use mmj, the frequency of tics lowers, as well as how much they bother me.

The tics also change when I'm baked. For example: Not long ago, while walking by a Jewish teacher of mine, a word (I'm not sure what I can get away with saying on this board, but it rhymed with pike, and comes from the yiddish word kikel) popped out. However, I've never experienced coprolalia while high.

So is there anyone else here with tourettes? How does weed affect you?

Sin.Ziggy.

2. You know I've read somewhere that tourettes patients are some of the most honest people in the world: They'll call you whatever the think.

ARE YOU BRINGING RACISM TO MAH BOARD BOY!?

Kidding, kidding.

Tourettes patients seek and find relief in MMJ everywhere.

3. my friend has tourettes and he stopped taking the pills he had him on for weed and it made a HUGE difference in the severity of his tics and out bursts but now he just yells shit when he is stoned to make everyone laugh haha

4. i understand if your mad at me for laughing but damn that last part was funny

EDIT: i used to chill with a dude that had it
    he made a noise that sounded like windshield wipers (im still trying to figure out how almost 2 years later)
    but it would quiet down some when he blazed

5. I've been diagnosed with Tourette's since I was in 3rd grade, and no medicine has ever helped alleviate my symptoms until I found cannabis when I was 16. Since then, it's been helping me better than anything else ever has. I only have motor tics, but I always notice a huge decrease when I use weed. So yes, another huge supporter of MMJ for Tourette's.

6. i had a friend in high school who had tourettes- he and i would have a blast with it!!!!!!

he would be saying something and i would repete it back to him all fucked up and out of order like i didnt understand?
    this would get him all worked up and when he had his "ticks" he would yell all kinds of profanity! with in mins he and i would both be laffing our asses off at the reactions of the other people around

7. Just thought you guys would appreciate a little reading for a cold winter's day!

Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol
    Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol -- MÃœLLER-VAHL et al. 156 (3): 495 -- Am J Psychiatry

THC is effective in the treatment of tics in Tourette syndrome
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Treatment of Tourette's syndrome with Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Cannabinoids: possible role in patho-physiology and therapy of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome.

THC effective in Tourette-Syndrome
    AAMC: THC effective in Tourette-Syndrome

THC effective in Tourette syndrome in a 6-week trial
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Cannabinoids reduce symptoms of Tourette's syndrome.
    Cannabinoids reduce symptoms of Tourette's syndrom... [Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2003] - PubMed result

Effective treatment of Tourette's syndrome with marijuana.

Don't ya just love it when science backs you up! :hello: Happy New Year!

Granny :wave:

8. ya i have TS too. Weed is the magical cure for me. honestly. Barley any tics anymore. Diagnosed when i was in 3rd grade. Im going to be a famous musician supporting Medical Marijuana. Its rediculous that its illegal.

9. #9 garrison68, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    A close relative of mine has it, or at least seems to since it could be something else. There's no vocalization. Anyway, she knows some people with Tourettes and in particular one guy who, while talking to anyone, will throw punches and pull his fist back immediatly before making contact with the person's face.

I'm a pretty compassionate and understanding person but, whether he actually hits or not, this would be too much for me to put up with.

10. I've had the same thing, but it was never people. Mostly if I'm walking next to a wall I will almost hit it, and get as close as possible without touching it.

Thanks for the links, Storm Crow :)

Sistermol, if you're talking to me, I think it's funny too. Hell.. if you can't laugh at that, theres something wrong with you. It just came out of left field and it took all I had not to laugh about it while explaining what just happened. :D

Sin.Ziggy.

11. i have tourettes, it comes with my o.c.d. and a.d.d.
    marijuana does reduce tics, dramatically.
    However, it does induce my ocd a little.
    But its a sacrifice im willing to make... i hate muttering cuss words under my breath as i walk around a public environment.