Anyone Else Want A Break?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rocket1967, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Basically what the title says

Anyone else want a break from whatever youve had enough of in life? If so what is it and why?

I love my job and my family and friends and life is pretty good, i just bought a house i have a wonderful wife and zero complaints other then i want a break from work, ive been working full time almost 20 years now and alot of my work weeks are 70-80 hours mon-fri and 3 weekend days a month i run my own business i have and i love what i do but i want to walk away from them both and just enjoy life for a bit until i get bored of no occupation which wouldnt take long but i guess im just burned out and i have lots of years to go.

I WANA TAKE IT EASY AND BREATH LOL

I try to explain to my retired father who retired innthe 80’s that jobs aint what they were when he was coming up, now a job is your damn life almost if you want to live comfortable and its with most jobs im seein and we dont get the benefits and loyalty like his generation did from an employer. Do all that mixed in with raising a family, taking care of everything around a house that is normal upkeep mixed with some anxiety, insomnia or bad guts and life is much harder on people then it used to be.

I would never want to leave all this permanently anytime soon but how sweet would it be to tell everyone “hey imma go do my own thing for a bit ill let you know when im ready to get back to normal and it not be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I haven’t been sober in 4 years. Stay high and find a reason to keep goin that’s what I do right now I’m living for my wife n dog. After dog dies and wife leaves me I’m not sure what I’ll be livin for at that point but,I’ll find something I’m sure.

• Like Like x 3
  3. listen to the talk, its like three parts, very good talk.

4. what do u mean>? like smoking weed? no biggie, but it could be a crash when u don't smoke for a bit. I took a break for a few days, was weird and I was emotional. I think its good to wiggle my toes in the sand.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 GorillaGherkin, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Caps, vaping, joints, and the occasional hit off wife’s cart. I also started drinking again.if u can function and keep relationships healthy Life is easier when ur high in my opinion ya just float from one responsibility to another.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I wouldn’t call it “wanting a break,” but I’ve always been uncomfortable with the notion of settling down.

The thought of owning a home, and even accumulating what I would need to start my own business, gives me anxiety. Like, a colossal weight on my chest at the very thought. To be tied to a place...

At the same time, I have a family now. A son, and another on the way. Mainstream feedback tells me that I have to provide a stable environment for them, but does that mean buying the white picket fence?

This is what preoccupies my thoughts at night.

• Like Like x 3
  7. you are telling me this as I'm listening to the Bhagavad Gita... do your duty, but do not be attached to success or failure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Idk if I'd call it wanting a break as much as I dont want to real world, as in job force. All I want is a nice chunk of land in the mountains, where I can grow and hunt my own food and medicine.

Hell it wasn't much more than 100yrs ago my dream was normal living. This day and age that shits a pipe dream. I say that and get the goofy eyed look. With having a teen son that needs his computer and tablets and the popular clothes, what I want frankly just doesn't matter right now. Maybe once he graduates, I can get the hell outta dodge, until then I gotta keep my head in the game. And yes I stay giraffed too, most days it's how I get through.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. to bad your not union I took almost all last year off. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. #11 Tokintb12, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Edit

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Do you not have employees that can run the ship while you take a vacation?

12. Finding employees that can sail the ship without sinking it is one of the most difficult tasks any business owner faces, in my experience. Anyone with that level of dedication is working for themselves, not the man. Myself excluded, for the afore-posted reasons.

OP, what kind of business are you in?

13. Shit dude this was deep i really fealt that i can relate to what you’re sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1