Anyone else using organic fish nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Hamjack, Aug 15, 2020.

1. I've used Neptune's Harvest and Alaska Fish liquid nutes. Fish, kelp... I don't bother to ph my water with these. I've had good harvests (not as big as with chem nutes... but that could also be genetics. Never any deficiencies or burns.

2. What else is your situation comprised of? As in, what's your soil mixture, environment, as well as watering quality?

I don't mean to say too much but yes, the fish liquid nutrients are typically good to decent depending on sourcing.

3. Fish hydrolysate yes. Definitely a good add to the garden

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. My fish nute grows have been in Coast Of Maine Platinum Growers Blend. I also use cal mag. Otherwise.. totally stressless gows.

5. Yes. Medina Ag products for 0 defect grows. Plus they're neighbors.. Organic auto soil grower and proud American.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I use Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed. It's good shit. I'm actually gonna give my plants some tonight. I don't pH it either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is that the "Funky cold Medina"? :) (Think Tone Loc)
    cheers
    os

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. #8 Hamjack, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    CovertLED500.jpg My water comes from a well. I grow in a 5'X5'X6' tent under leds... just got a new light for my next grow a Covert LED-X 500 Watt Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light.

9. yes down to earth fish powder good stuff.

10. Not sure why everyone bashes chemical nutrients. As long as they are properly made they are not harmful for you or the plant. You basically just put a McDonald's in the neighborhood and its fattening up.
    The main thing with chemical nutrients are the companies. Many have marketing scams and what not. Like a flushing agent are you kidding me? Humboldt county's own is a little pricey but very little residual salts, ph adjusted, and I am able to feed every single watering without nutrient burn.

11. Calmag is a nutrient marketing scheme. Most of the time you will have a magnesium deficiency but adding calcium as well as magnesium has a chance of locking it out. You want to treat a calcium problem with calcium and magnesium with magnesium not both for one.
    417gdpdv-vL._AC_SY450_.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not sold by any retailers in Mass.. and their website is useless. Just tried to see if they sell online and can't get anything to load.

13. Just used their website works fine for me maybe your internet. I mean my actual job is on legal cannabis farm in Humboldt county, CA but what do I know. You can find their nutrients on hydroponics stores online or amazon but maybe not at the moment due to whole covid thing. I keep in touch with them personally. I have an interview with them come December for apprentice to master grower. Keep using big bud though if you like. I did until I found way better products that didnt send my ppms through the roof.

14. I mean....you *are* in the Organics section of this forum. Many of us here prefer to focus on soil health and longevity as an integral part of growing any plants. It's not "bashing" on chemicals, per se; but a complete shift in philosophy about gardening.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

15. You talk about putting a McDonald's in the neighborhood.

Look up the video of the elderly lady who put a McDonald's hamburger in a shoe box 24 years ago.

To this day, no rotting of the bread or even mold, the meat almost perfectly fine, the fries looked like they had been lost in a car for 1-2 months. Not 24 years.

The amount of preservatives and shit that go in to making something that will hold up like that? Same for bottled nutes. Nitrogen is nitrgoen I get that. Its not about marketing schemes either. Chemical nutes tie right in to big pharma BS. Sure there's no immediate negative effects but just wait 20 years from now when everyone is growing, I bet there will be all types of cancer related shit with ties to these synthetic man made nutrients.

You can't sit there and tell me synthetic nutrients are as harmless and good for you as raw organic inputs. No way. You can't tell me synthetic nutrients are just as good for you when if you combine them with a "living soil" all prior life in the living soil is now dead. How is that healthy or good for you. Killing nature. Can't be answered sorry so don't try.

Also love how you always push Humboldts shit. Maybe beuase you work in Humboldt County? Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. This guy literally compared synthetic nutrients to McDonald's and is going to act like the quality is the same as a Ruth's Chris :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lol look up chemical and organic nutrients. Apparently no health risks from either. I used McDonald's comparison because humans in a way are similar to plants. If you give them excess food they will over eat.

18. Lawn getting long