Anyone else use their system for media more than games?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by calicheese23, Feb 7, 2009.

1. #1 calicheese23, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    I have an Xbox360 and I usually play music, watch DVD's, and share pictures with my friends more than play games on it. I usually play Sonic and GTAIV most of the time. Every once in awhile I will rent a game.

I was just wondering how many other people use their gaming system for non-gaming related things more than games?

2. Games all the way

3. I've got a PS3 that I use exclusively for BluRay.

4. I stream my videos, music, and pictures from my PC to my 360. Its the best, just lay in bed and watch free movies.

5. Exactly what I use mine for!

It's so nice because laptops are far from ideal for watching a movie in bed, and I can stream any video on my computer (torrents, TV shows, etc) to my Xbox.

6. How exactly do you stream from your computer to your Xbox?

7. well, if you're using netflix then you can just stream it from the video section in xbox.
    If you want stream from the pc then you gotta install a program on your computer then you gotta connect pc to xbox using wireless or router by using the codes the xbox360 gave you in the section of connecting pc to 360.

8. Right now my Xbox360 is kind of the heart of my dorm room. I mostly use it for watching all the movies/TV Shows I have downloaded, and that is its primary purpose. I play games on it, don't get me wrong, but I would die if I couldn't stream the shows!

9. I use it just for games. I ussually find myself playing super mario bros. all stars, but occasionally I'll pop in super metroid, street fighter 2, or contra III. I haven't figured out how to stream movies through my SNES yet, but when I do you can bet I'll be watching seinfeld in all its 16 bit glory.

10. The 360 and the Wii I use it for games almost exclusively. The ps3 on the other hand is used 90% for movies and what not.

11. +rep that gave me a good laugh:D

:smoking:

12. I use my xbox for media by streaming through a free downloadable program for windows call tv-versity.

I download all my music and movies via torrents for free (by illegal means :D)