Anyone else tired of celebrities apologizing??!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kevin08, Dec 4, 2009.

1. I mean seriously, who the fuck cares what you do with your life, no one cares what i do with mine. I smoke weed, i cheated on my girlfriend once, and i drink underage, but no one else gives a shit and you don't see me going all over the damn news apologizing for my actions. I personally have way more respect for people who don't give a shit what people think, like Seth Rogan. He has yet to apologize for anything he does and he's obviously not secretive about his "habits". But like the Tiger Woods stuff and all these celebrities coming out saying " Oh i did [insert drug here] before and i am truly sorry to my fans and the public". It's not like you run the damn country, who the F cares what you do in your free time?! Ha spend your money and time the way you want, isn't that why you do what you do?! Sorry for ranting, but it's just getting ridiculous. Plus, the media isn't really helping by making headlines in the news about stupid little incidents that honestly affect NO ONE besides the immediate parties, but will wait til the end of a newscast to make any kind of national security matters known.

2. Attention man, thats all the fucking stars like that care about.

3. I think people should learn to mind their own business and just because someone is particularly good at their profession doesn't mean we have the right to invade their privacy and make a spectacle of them. If anyone is apologizing it should be the media to Tiger.

4. Ya but the thing is, it's not like they are trying to keep the media out of their business. Most of the time, they are the ones who call the paparazzi on themselves, i mean how would anyone know about someone smoking pot unless they tell the media? And why do they feel it's necessary to do so haha that just means the cops know you do it too and you draw unnecessary attention to yourself, its so pathetic.

5. "There's no such thing as bad press."

6. Im not sick of celebrities apologizing, im sick of celebrities. I dont give a shit if your in a movie or something, Im not gonna treat you or talk to you any different than any random asshole i meet

7. very well said.im tired of celebrities expecting the world owes them a special treatment

8. well as much as dont want/care/know. These guys are ROLE MODELS...they have to appologize.

9. These people aren't role models. I mean, ya athletes maybe, but a lot of actors and some of these "self-claimed" celebrities need someone to push them off their high horses imo.

10. what! these celebrity douche bags are nothing but a group of money hungry pigs.

11. I agree with you 100%. but some, maybe most of them DON'T want to be, but being someone that "high up on the pedestal" a lot of people and kids look up to them, and they know that. That's why they appologize.

12. PEOPLE make them into role models, then get all upset and cry about what "the children" will think when they make mistakes like every other human who is inherently flawed by nature and expect them to fall on their knees apologizing to society.

13. This. If we don't give a shit about them, no one else will. People are only Role models if you want them to be, haha i could say hitler is my role model because he was able to control a huge population with almost no opposition, but that doesn't mean he is a cool person (i really don't like him, just couldn't think of another example :p).

14. frankly, i dont give a damn.

15. umm no, people don't make them into role models, guys like tiger woods are role models to kids, it's just common sense "I wanna grow up to be like tiger woods" or in other sports, I wanna be lebron, i wanna be crosby, they are role models. they have to say sorry

16. couldn't have said it any better myself

17. It's because they have contracts with many companies. Look at Tiger, he's got Nike, Gatorade, Ea Sports, AT&T, and Gillette to name some of them. Plus, he's the most recognized athlete in the world. But, I don't like seeing the Tiger Woods scandal every morning. Reminds me of when everyone was covering Brett Favre retiring.

Athletes should be apologizing for doing stupid shit because kids look up to these people.

Fuck actors/actresses apologizing. I could care less if they were in a movie.

18. Ya well Tiger hasn't lost any endorsements and probably won't either, he is a golf monopoly :rolleyes:

19. I am very tired of celebrities apologizing unfortunately they are forced to apologize by the media and their sponsors. With millions of dollars on the line I would apologize whether I was sorry or not to.