Anyone else think they are too friendly/laid back?

Discussion in 'General' started by Murs, Aug 4, 2010.

1. #1 Murs, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    Im starting to get that feeling :(

It seems in order to get anywhere in this world you have to be assertive and cocky and somewhat mean...3 things I'm not. I let most things go, never get mad, do too many favors, never try to fuck anybody over for my own benefit, never take advantage of other people and generally just go with the flow...but it seems in order to reach any level of success you need to do these things, thats just the way the world works nowadays.

Everything to me seems like it's not a big deal at the time so I let a lot of things go, but I'm starting to think I need a change of attitude. I wanna be successful in this fucked up world and considering most other people don't have a problem being an asshole I'm starting to think maybe I should do the same.

2. you neither have to be cocky or somewhat mean, but at some point I think being assertive helps out a big deal. Plus, being assertive has nothing to do with being cocky or mean. It's just that sometimes if you want something you have to go out and get it yourself. That's being assertive.

3. Yes, but I've been getting better lately. You need to draw a line and be firm about it. Don't let anyone push you around and don't take shit from anyone either. It's really hard to find a good balance between the two, but I think I've found mine and I wish you luck in finding yours.

4. Dude that's why I find myself @ home, hanging out on Grasscity watching Netflix, smoking bud saying fuck the world. Fuck people they make me sick. All I need is my couple friends and my family and Mary.

5. Quality of friends is much more important than quantity to me. Sometimes I hate it because I could have a lot more friends if I wasn't so picky, but my boys are my boys and that will never change.

6. Yeah I'm act the same way man, nothing really bothers me, I don't get mad nor do I really care what activity we're doing cuz it's all good, I just like to flow like aqua man. People actually regularly just tell me how chill or *insert slang here* I am. It's embarrassing but it's very nice to hear.

But I don't take that as a bad thing though man, I never had problems getting anywhere by being incredibly friendly. Never even had an enemy nor been in a fight heh. :eek:

"Plus a lot of times I find myself just saying "fuck it it'll come around again later" and letting things pass me by when I should be taking action and making move."

It sounds like your problems are coming from that (with all the info you've given) and thats not really chill or laid back more lazy you know? When you go for something you don't have to be aggressive to achieve it man.

7. Most really successful, wealthy, CEO's and politicians have royally fucked over and connived other people to get where they are now. Real asshole kind of shit where being assertive isn't enough. I just can't see myself doing that at all. At the same time though I want what they have so maybe I need a shift of attitude.

8. Key word here man, and from what you've said your probably not like most people eh? Just because that's the easy way doesn't make it the "right" way.

9. No reason to wait for something you want. With that being said, you can't want it that bad if you're waiting for it to come back around.

I'd rather get paid by the hour to keep my dignity and respect.

10. I like this quote right here too true. I'm down for mostly anything as long as were hanging out having a good time, don't matter to me. Some people just don't understand that and need to be doing exactly what they have in mind.

11. Yeah man as long as we're all happy and chilling then I don't care really what we're doing. most of the time my friends don't even tell me where we're going. They'll know my reply will just be cool, oky doky or alrighty.

12. I've got sort of a split personality. One is too nice and generous, the other is a self-absorbed asshole. Depends on what day it is.

13. same here, sometimes i mix it up to put people in their place. people say im trustworthy as hell. i need to move to hollywood...

14. Well I'm a welcoming, chill and laidback person, since from smoking I rarely get angry or have an negative emotion take over me like an thunderous cloud nor do I get pissed off from small trivial things that don't matter.

I have encountered ones that aren't like me which ended up in conflict and pointless drama because I want to end it and they can't understand where I'm coming from. This comes from family, acquaintances, but I was never a people person to begin with. As for now, I need to just get away, relieve my stress, meditate, smoke, chill and find people that can relate to me and they don't then they aren't worth my time.

15. [quote name='"Nag Hamadi"']I've got sort of a split personality. One is too nice and generous, the other is a self-absorbed asshole. Depends on what day it is.[/quote]

I feel the same. But most of the time im chill as a cucumber