Anyone Else Think Avenged Sevenfold Is Amazing?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mr. Bunglesmith, Apr 26, 2008.

1. So yeah pretty simple question. They are my favorite band and absolutely rock.

2. Weird I thought these guys had a 13 year old girl for a singer but after watching some videos on youtube I think I might be wrong. Sweet, I didn't think anyone made rock anymore. Not bad so far.

3. Yeah, they are pretty good. I bought their second cd and downloaded most of the first one. Haven't heard much of their newest cd though but yeah... I don't know if they are amazing but they do rock.

4. Waking the Fallen and City of Evil were good but their new cd sucks so bad. Sucks to see another band sell out.

5. I like that Bat country song, but all they ever play on Sirius anymore is avenged sevenfold, so that kind of turned me off of them.

6. They were cool a while back but now it seems they are just following mainstream music. Their guitarst still shreds though

7. I have every single album (Including Hail to the King Deluxe Edition.) I also have every single (Even their Sabbath cover of Paranoid.) I love them. They are my #1 all time favorite band. They are the shit! Avenged Sevenfold foREVer, :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :yay: :bongin: :hello: :yummy:

8. I can't stand the vocals. All I hear are strains. I do like the music for the most part, but his vocals just ruin this band for me.

9. hell yes favorite band as well!!!! was iffy about the new album, but got baked and listened all the way through, holy shit, it was amazing!!! fucking acid rain almost had me in tears lol That would probably be my favorite off the new one.. not sure why, not their hardest or most technical or anything, but i love it!

10. I've been listening ince waking the fallen. City of evil was also, obviously amazing. The song "Almost easy" was decent too, other than that I stopped listening to them, they just didn't appeal to me anymore (Even before the rev died).

Hail to the king not only restored my love for this band, but it definitely locked them in another album sale. The song is great, pure, simple, and REAL rock that is lacking in this watered down, happy go lucky producer manufactured poppy BS infested radio waves. I'm definitely waiting for the inevitable rock music come back.

11. Fucking favorite band EVER.  RIP Jimmy "the Rev" SUllivan 

12. #13 8ight, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    I was 13 or 14 when Waking the Fallen came out, and it was one of the first albums that introduced me to metal. I remember not liking the following album when it came out, and I so I haven't listened to them since. I've occasionally heard their newer music on the radio, and I am actually a bit surprised to see them where they are today: a pretty well-known and radio-popular rock outfit that started as a hardcore band. 

It's been a long time since I've heard this. Brings back memories of me sitting in front of the stereo in my room blasting it... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1imHuC5d_8

13. I think they're definitely talented and very qualified to be considered a "rockin" band. Much better live than just listening to a CD of theirs though. Saw them in concert a couple months back. I was impressed.