Anyone else put their grinder in the freezer?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Bape_Sta, Nov 12, 2006.

1. So let me get this straight, you put your EMPTY grinder in the freezer, take it out, grind up your bud, and put it back right?

What if you leave a bit of ground up bud in the grinder while it's in the freezer? Does that make a difference at all?

2. Yeah, I don't leave bud in it while it's in the freezer. I'll grind up what I need then put it back empty. I don't suppose it would hurt if you left bud in there for a little while, but I have a feeling prolonged exposure could do some damage. Although on the other hand people do freeze large quantities of cannabis for storage purposes, so perhaps you will be fine. I wouldn't recommend it though if you use your grinder a lot as the constant freezing/thawing/freezing/thawing will certainly cause the ground up bud harm.

3. i did this this morning and it worked pretty good. i left my grinder in the freezer for about 30min, then took it out and ground up 2 grams. there was a good amount of kief, more than normal. my guess is that the grinder being cold quickly hardens the crystals and makes more fall off in grinding. i bet drier pot with lots of crystals would work great. the stuff i have now is slightly moist, so i can only imagine how it would increase.

4. Drier bud definitely tends to produce more kief, but I've also found that it is not quite as "pure" as keif from less dry buds as more plant material makes it through the screen. But it's definitely worth it IMO.

5. I put mine in hopefully Ill see some sort of improvement.

6. Ive heard of it but never done it...probably when i get my own place I will try it.

7. Damn Im gona go home and try this I always collect alot of kief then roll a blunt with it. Wow you want to talk about high. Feels like i smoke like 2 or 3 blunts. I love kief just as much as I love Mary J

8. Wow, this really does work. I can easily tell the difference between how much kief I get. Thanks!

9. We now have a scientific theory thanks to this thread.

Great job guys!

10. yeah whenever i do it, there always seems to be a shitload more

11. Anyone who tried this using a plastic grinder? I have one of the $6 eBay kief-catching grinders, they're made out of strong poly-something plastic and are guaranteed for life that the teeth won't break, but I'd think it wouldnt get as cold as the metal one would. Someone who tries it with plastic let me know.

12. It would be hard to ask the MythBusters from DSC to prove this, which I would watch if it was on TV.

13. Yes I made a good thread!!!!11one

14. Am i the only one on here that doesn't have a screen on my grinder? I have a nice metal one, but no screen. Wonder if this will still work. Can i buy a screen by itself? I have no clue where it would go. Son of a bitch...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. No, sorry dude, the Kief Catcher is a seperate chamber under the actual grinder, so I doubt you could convert a reg. grinder into a Kief Catcher. However, I got my kief catcher off eBay for like $6, and it works like a charm, so if u want kief, u could pick up one of those.

16. Just in case there are still any doubters...

[​IMG]

:D

17. u live anywhere near the T so i can come smoke that?!

18. they'd have to do a whole episode dedicated to this stuff, like this myth, whether bongs (water filtration systems) are actually better, and the best cleaning method. id watch that episode for sure.

19. Hey man, after seeing everything you've contributed to GC, it would be an honor to smoke with you. And yes, the green line is about a 5 minute walk. ;)

20. i tried this and i think it does work. i do get a bunch of black crap on my hands when grinding the cold grinder though. its only from one part of the 4 part grinder. its all metal. dunno wtf it is but when its cold and i grind it it gets kinda wet there and black. happened to anyone else?