Anyone else put their grinder in the freezer?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Bape_Sta, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Couple buddies in boulder swore by it but I thought it was all myth. Well, they were right. It kiefs like a mother fucker and i was just interested if anyone else does this?

2. Ehhh, never tried it...

Anyone else care to elaborate on this?

3. Well I have heard of throwing finely ground pot into the freezer to make the crystals hard rather then sticky, so its much easier to knock them off with a screen to make pressed kief hash. But i don't know about the grinder.

4. Haha, just finished posting a thread about this.... whoops. Anyways, I keep my grinder in the freezer always. I thought it was stupid until I tried it, and boy howdy does it make a difference. Honestly collects more than double the kief when not frozen! Spread the word! Only problem is remembering to put it back in the freezer after your all stoned and shit, lol.

5. but that means theres half as much of that kief left in the weed you are smoking, i want to smoke it now!

6. does this work only when you have ground up weed in it, or when theres nothing in it?

7. i dont understand what u guys mean by putting the grinder in the freezer... do u mean put it in there and then grind the weed up after its cold? or put non-ground up weed in there and when u wanna smoke grind it while its cold? or grind weed up and leave it in there?

8. Put your empty grinder in the freezer, and take it out when you want to grind up some fresh bud. Put it back after you're done and watch the kief build up! Also doesn't hurt if the bud is in the freezer too.

9. So keep putting the keif back in the freezer with the empty grinder? It wont get condensation and water down when unfrozen?

10. With Acidrap, my only concern over this is the kief's prolonged exposure to freezing temperatures. This doesn't have any affect on it's quality? If not, I'm gonna throw my grinder in there asap.

11. I haven't noticed any degrade in the quality at all. People throw nug jars in the freezer to prolong shelf-life, right? Seems as if it would only slow the decomposition of the THC if anything.

Also, @ Acidrap, no the kief doesn't get all watery. If that shit is sealed up, the condensation should only occur on the outside of the grinder. My kief has always been dry as a bone after being in the freezer.

Anyways, why not try it and see if you like it? After you see how much kief you get, I don't see how you couldn't like it :smoke:

12. I froze my grinder after reading this thread and will continue to toss it in the freezer from now on, that was a lot of fucking kief.

13. Sounds like a myth... but what does a good superstition here and there hurt? I might as well try it... there may be some truth to it according to what I have been reading.

14. i doubted, and then tried. I have to say i'm almost certain I saw an increase in my amount of kief (by a lot).

I've been saving kief for about.... a month and using this trick once seemed to produce a noticeable difference in my amount of kief

15. I'm convinced. Just threw in it the freezer. :ey:

16. Let us know, sounds interesting.

17. Oh yeah, i thought i should mention i had a metal grinder. Still the same?

18. Yeah, I haven't tried it with a plastic grinder. Probably wouldn't work as well. But yes, I have a metal grinder as well and it works wonders putting it in freezer.

19. Thats crazy that no one else really does this. Ive been doing it for awhile now, and i get kinda anal when its not in the freezer. In my opinion, it also makes it easier to grind. And about the condensation ive learned if you dont want any, throw it in a freezer bag but even if you dont, its not gonna get youe keif all saturated with water. Just make sure all compartments are snug and tight before tossin her in there. Another trick i do is ill pull it out of the freezer, grind the shit up, then toss it back in the freezer for like 1 minute at most and that seems to increse it noticieably aswell. I would only do this with a metal grinder , but then again I havnt heard of very many plastic frinders with pollen/kief tray's and screens.

20. Update: Success! Significant increase in kief after running only 2/3 grams through the frozen grinder. There was minimal condensation on the outside of the grinder and little to none on the inside (all pieces were tightened well before freezing). I recommend any cannabis enthusiast who has a grinder to give this a shot, it really works!:smoke: