Anyone else play DD?

Discussion in 'General' started by CLKWRK, Nov 14, 2013.

1. #1 CLKWRK, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    I got this thing with a few friends where we get together on Saturday nights and play D&D.

Probably not the "coolest" way to spend a sat-night but hey, tis fun as hell. We'd drink while we play, but it distracts from the game as side conversations get waay out of hand. And this happens alot without alchy lol.

Title question still stands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I've always wanted to play. I don't know anyone that doesn't smell like a bag of garbage that plays however. There's a room at my community college that many of the nerds/geeks at my school hang out in, and you can smell the room before you walk in there. I play video game RPGs, I read everything. However, I take a shower before going out to see people. Sorry I went way off topic.

I might ask a couple people to see if they'd be interested in playing. I really love the idea and want to play.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Not to sound rude but I'm a good looking guy very out going basically the exact opposite of what you think of someone who would play d and d. But I fucking love that shit where can I find others like me.

Sent from my HTC One

4. Dude, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to imply that that's what I thought all D&D players were like. I'm aware of different type players, and I wish that I knew some. I want to play, but all of the people I know that play smell like a bag of garbage. I wish I could play D&D with people like you...

Sent from my iPhone

5. Played hookey when I was twelve.

Instead of going to school, I went to my brother's apartment.

Ran me through my first campaign.

Been hooked ever since. :)

6. I actually love d&d, I don't give two fucks about what people think
    I'm basically 2 glam 2 give a dam

my character is called Twee!
    :love:

7. 1st and 2nd edition is where its at yo!

8. #8 Continuum, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    D&D is the shit.  My friends and I have always been interested, but our groups never seem to last.  I'm the only one creative enough and willing to really dig in and learn how to get the most out of playing, which means I'm the best suited to DM.  Problem is, I just can't devote the kind of time I'd like to really crafting an immerse experience.

However, my girlfriend is an actress and I've just started doing the graphic design and props for her theater company.  Just learned that the best actor among them is a big D&D guy, so I'm stoked for that.  Seriously he's a good as fuck actor and writer so I'm sure it'll translate into the game.  I'm pumped.

Not to brag, but any group would be lucky to have me.  I really get into the story, and I almost always end up doing character portraits (I'm a concept artist/illustrator too) for all the players, bosses and sometimes illustrate important events.  I'm also a sculptor/prop maker, so if someone gets a special item I like to make a little miniature version of it for them to hold on to.  People really seem to like that.

9. Never played. I've seen lots of commercials for it. What's it like? Is it similar to runescape or wow?

Sent from the anus of my dog corkie.

10. yes it is similar you should enjoy it if you like tabletop gaming and using your imagination

11. #11 himan235, Nov 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

Break out the Sunkist and Sprite man11111!

12. #12 snoopdog6502, Nov 15, 2013
    I played it 35 years ago. of course being a nerd im to lazy to roll dice, I would program my own game or just play Diablo for PC, or legend of zelda windwaker.

I liked being the DM as i can come up with puzzles and traps in the dungeons , elaborate outdoor maps with mountains, rivers and oceans.

now days if you have imagination and theatrical talent there is live action role playing. Its big in the nerd world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action_role-playing_game

Redhead just got hotter.

I have black hair :smoking:

playing d&d tonight
    can't wait!

It's exactly as good as your players (and DM), and how much effort you all put in. 

16. <-----Huge 3.5 player.

17. 3.5 is where it's at.

Oh well.

Point still stands.