Anyone else not really have a best friend?

Discussion in 'General' started by itguy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. that is life

2. #42 BLAZEDED, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    My best friend is my girlfriend, even before she was my girlfriend, but I do have a few really good friends that are just pretty nice people when you know them, not the usual dicks... They make sure to tell me how much they love me when their wankered drunk, haha shits so funny... and akward if im sober.

3. I'm the same, know loads of people but don't have a best mate anymore.

4. my best friend i guess is my bf

i cant seem to keep relationships with girls because honestly most girls annoy the shit out of me :confused_2:
    although it kinda sucks cause i have no one to watch Grey's Anatomy with besides my mom anymore :( haha

the last couple "best friends" turned out to be pretty shitty so its whatever, really.
    (ok secretly i really want a bff)

5. aww ha yea see that sounds real nice man
    and yea thanks op i kno she is kinda slutty...not so much slutty shes just really really impressionable, shes sweet as hell, just a little too sweet i guess.

6. Well put floydian. It just happens. If you have a best friend it should be obvious that he or she is not the same as your other friends. One sign you have a really good friend is that you feel completely comfortable with them. I could talk about anything with my best friend or chill and watch t.v. and not say a word. With everyone else I know i feel like I have to say something or it will get awkward.

7. It's funny, I never consider having myself a best friend, but I know I do.

It's just that, it's not like my father's stories of growing up in Philly, where they were together all the time, or he'd come home and his brother's best friend was chillin on the couch uninvited.

It also depends. I hang out the most with this group of 5 kids, two of them, I hang out out with the most, the others are just sorta like twice a month. I wouldn't even call them best friends.

Don't get me wrong, I have allot of friends, like almost someone to talk to in every class or at any time, it's just that it never feels like I'm with a Best Friend, their usually just the friend I hang out with the most.

8. I always have at least one best friend since I was born. I still have one best friend since elementry school. I had others but "they come and go"

9. I used to have a best friend from 7th grade to the end of high school, but he stayed put while I went to college so we don't really talk much anymore. Now I just have a few good friends but no true #1. I kinda miss that.

10. Nah, not me...I'm pretty popular

What I'm saying is, people know me. I'm kind of important.
    I drive a Dodge Stratus.

11. #51 wenahaone, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    I had a best friend from age 7-17. we kinda grew apart(weed). but, we still really understand eachother, and whenever we see eachother it's kinda like I'm talking to another part of myself. I haven't talked to him since we hung out last august. he lives like 300 miles away.

edit: he moved away to spokane after 5th grade. since then, we'd talk on the phone. I'd probably go up there for a week of winter break(he's got snow up there), and we'd spend over a month together in the summer. My eyes are almost wet writing this. We were tight.

after that, I've had a stoner best friend, or, two. ya, two.

I haven't had a best friend for over two years. I may be over my grudge against my former sort of best friend (girls:rolleyes:)

I kindad have a problem with getting pissed off at my friends and just ignoring them forever.

12. yo dude, just like you. well, not at this moment, but other than that yes.

it blows because best friends share their experiences differently, there isnt much "filler" conversations you know? they mean something

13. Yea dude I feel ya Im not really close with anyone, but i chaulk it up to me being an antisocial, reculse,lazy,socially awkward, ultra liberal, insane bitch living in a rich conservative social world. haha :D

14. haha
    we sound alike in the friend department
    this chick i worked with who was my best friend since sophomore year of high school was stealing shit from the store
    she got caught, and immediately dropped my name without the reginal manager even asking about me. right after they busted her, they said she tried to take me down with her.
    she calls me right after all of this, balling and telling me to quit, and i just go to work like nothing happened, and the managers told me this.
    mind you, i had stolen a necklace or two, but my friend was walking out with BAGS full of clothes- thousands of dollars, or so they said

she called that night, i didn't answer,
    callled a few more times, my finger kept hitting the ignore button
    she called for a few more days then just stopped.

to this day, i honestly feel a little bad :( this was all after she had fucked me over by not helping me clean the house at all when my mom was out of town and she stayed with me for a month.

so i guess i was just like fuck this, she obviously would throw me under any bus instantly so why would i wanna stay friends?

damn sorry for the long read, but i had to get this off of my chest, and wenahone reminded me of my habit of just cutting people completely off when they do me wrong

15. my highschool best friend left me here, while she went to SoCal for college.
    but its cool, we still talk on the phone.

but i need a best friend here. oh well. ill make one sooner or later.