Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else not drink?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SantiagoDunbar420, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Alcohol is horrible......don't like it at all!

2. [quote name="SantiagoDunbar420" post="19323864" timestamp="1389499660"]So I love cannabis with all my heart, I think it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I want everyone to experience it's healing glow. Alcohol, on the other hand, I can't stand. I don't like it personally, and I hate seeing how it affects other people, which is tough cuz I go to college and live in a dorm so I'm surrounded by drunk people pretty much 24/7. Whether or not they think they're having fun, I can see from the outside that it's not good for them. Yeah sure technically it's possible to use alcohol in moderation and not have it be a bad thing, but it seems like pretty much no one does. Does anyone else feel that way?[/quote] I totally agree with you man I really don't like drink I have never drank(I have tasted it though) but never had an interest in it, the only thing I need is to chill out under the stars with a few friends and blaze while staring into space and talking, or watch a movie if we are lucky enough to get to smoke inside✌️

3. #23 SantiagoDunbar420, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    Right fuckin on dude you sound just like me lol. I have gotten drunk, but only about 4-5 times and it's pretty shitty in my opinion. I could just feel the alcohol poisoning my brain, idk if that makes sense but it just sucked. Like I could feel it having a negative effect on my body

4. I dont drink either. Just dont see any benefits.

5. No not really I only enjoy drinking with some good friends.

6. [quote name="SantiagoDunbar420" post="19327289" timestamp="1389555923"]Right fuckin on dude you sound just like me lol. I have gotten drunk, but mot about 4-5 times and it's pretty shitty in my opinion. I could just feel the alcohol poisoning my brain, idk if that makes sense but it just sucked. Like I could feel it having a negative effect on my body[/quote] Yea the community associated with alcohol sucks as well, but the weed community is the best in the world, never have I met nicer people than the ones I have met through a joint :p

7. No, it's the only way I get laid.

8. Odd beer now and again but no interest in getting pissed, it`s boring in comparison to be stoned and it makes me feel awful. Stoners are far superior, you won`t see and hear us fighting and shouting at stupid o clock in the morning like a right bunch of annoying twats.

9. [quote name="Reefer Sutherland" post="19327469" timestamp="1389558268"]Odd beer now and again but no interest in getting pissed, it`s boring in comparison to be stoned and it makes me feel awful. Stoners are far superior, you won`t see and hear us fighting and shouting at stupid o clock in the morning like a right bunch of annoying twats.[/quote] hahaha well said man😂😂Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. [quote name="Reefer Sutherland" post="19327469" timestamp="1389558268"]Odd beer now and again but no interest in getting pissed, it`s boring in comparison to be stoned and it makes me feel awful. Stoners are far superior, you won`t see and hear us fighting and shouting at stupid o clock in the morning like a right bunch of annoying twats.[/quote] The only thing you will hear coming from my room is reggae music and deep conversations about space and the universe which we will probably interrupt with the conversation about what we were just talking about😂 Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I would consider myself a pretty heavy drinker. I would say i drink 8+ drinks a night, 5-7 days of the week. 

That said...

I love alcohol and the culture behind it. I enjoy drinking different types of brews and experiencing local beers and culture while traveling. I love sitting around with friends and drinking a couple beers, going out and meeting new people at bars, or even just sitting around drinking by myself.

Drinking isn't just binge drinking, fighting, and throwing up. While drunk i have never fought anyone, thrown up (for some reason everyone in my family has stomachs of steel), or gotten into trouble. 

Ever since i have started drinking, my marijuana usage has significantly cut back, and i am happier with my life. I have gone from smoking every day, to smoking 1-2 times per week. 

Excuse me if i come off in a negative way, as i do not mean to, i just thought i would share my take on this matter. 

12. Ugh, I am a recovering alcoholic of a sort.  I have struggled with addiction for 33 years, not smoking weed at the time.  Now that I smoke, I RARELY drink, and when I do it's in moderation.  I tried everything to stay sober off and on for 33 years and nothing worked but weed.  I know it sounds crazy, but it's working for me!

13. Surprising like I never tried drinking untill a few weeks ago, and even then I hated it, I'm 18 but some people say I LOOK 16 ;-)... With that said, I agree... Love cannabis hate alcohol!

14. I don't really drink too often. I drank a lot before I was 21. Now I'm 30 and I drink like 3-5 times a year. Last time I drank was New years. Before that was my birthday in September. I like being drunk, but it is no way to spend your life. Actually pretty awesome too, because when I do go out drinking its cheap as fuck. Bout 6 beers and a few shots I'm on a level. Most of my friends can drop $80-$100 in a bar easy, I can be good for under $25, and less than that if I buy at a liquor store.

15. [quote name="HippieTrippyBudGirl" post="19327701" timestamp="1389561173"]Ugh, I am a recovering alcoholic of a sort. I have struggled with addiction for 33 years, not smoking weed at the time. Now that I smoke, I RARELY drink, and when I do it's in moderation. I tried everything to stay sober off and on for 33 years and nothing worked but weed. I know it sounds crazy, but it's working for me![/quote] Yes there has been much study to show that marijuana can help with getting sober from other addicting chemical or products because in alcohols case it is also a mind altering substance and in tabacco case it serves as putting a regular chemical in your body and you can hold it like a cigaret and actually "smoke". Ps Congratulations on getting sober. Weed is a far better choice than alcohol. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Peer pressure and also societal views on drugs. Somehow along the way alcohol became more socially acceptable than cannabis, and completely took over the nation. I don't know what the people you hang out with are like, but no one at my college has given me shit for not drinking, and if they did, I would tell them to fuck off and that I could smoke them under the table any day. As far as alcohol being beneficial, as far as I know the only thing that has been proven is that one glass of red wine a day can improve heart health, and I'm pretty sure that's not actually the alcohol in it but other compounds in the wine. As far as I've heard liquor has absolutely no health benefits. Ironically, I don't get hangovers, but the feeling of being drunk is bad enough for me. The last time I was drunk (the last time I plan to be drunk in my life) it felt like the alcohol was literally dissolving my brain tissue. The very fact that your body rejects it when you try to drink it is enough to tell me that it's not something you should do. Anyone ever puke from cannabis? (okay yeah, sometimes, but it's usually not from being high itself but from excessive smoke inhalation.) You puke when you drink because it's literally poisoning your body and you will die if you don't get it out of your system. Sorry for the long post lol

17. That's fine, to each his own. I get the feeling from your post that you're more of a beer drinker than a liquor drinker? I don't really consider beer "alcohol", obviously it has alcohol in it and can get you drunk, but it can also just be a beverage. There is also a very solid beer culture, whereas liquors tend to be more about just getting fucked up. I personally have never been drunk off beer, as it would take like 15 to get me drunk and the idea of drinking that many beers in a short enough time to get drunk is just disgusting to me. I would also sit down and enjoy a beer with a few friends. And yeah, it's totally true that alcohol isn't 100% negative. My roommate drinks like a sailor and is one of my best friends. Some people are just alcohol people. My problem is that it seems like by a vast margin the majority of drinking is negative. I guess my perspective may be influenced by the fact that I'm surrounded by drunk college kids 

18. I love beer, but I don't get drunk anymore. I'll have a few, but I'm not drinking to get messed up. And if people are annoying and destructive when they are drunk (college) I get pissed at them, not what they drank. Drunk girls who act retarded and think they are the sexiest girl alive rank pretty high on my list of annoying shit, above cottonmouth, but just a notch below poison ivy.

Being an RA and walking around campus watching kids vomit, break shit, screaming "WOOOOO!" and seeing guys trying to get girls wasted so they might have a chance to get laid kind of killed my enjoyment of alcohol. Weed on the other hand...hell, I loved running into stoners. Sweet, kind, nonviolent, non-covered-in-vomit stoners...

19. [quote name="SantiagoDunbar420" post="19327847" timestamp="1389562757"]Peer pressure and also societal views on drugs. Somehow along the way alcohol became more socially acceptable than cannabis, and completely took over the nation. I don't know what the people you hang out with are like, but no one at my college has given me shit for not drinking, and if they did, I would tell them to fuck off and that I could smoke them under the table any day. As far as alcohol being beneficial, as far as I know the only thing that has been proven is that one glass of red wine a day can improve heart health, and I'm pretty sure that's not actually the alcohol in it but other compounds in the wine. As far as I've heard liquor has absolutely no health benefits. Ironically, I don't get hangovers, but the feeling of being drunk is bad enough for me. The last time I was drunk (the last time I plan to be drunk in my life) it felt like the alcohol was literally dissolving my brain tissue. The very fact that your body rejects it when you try to drink it is enough to tell me that it's not something you should do. Anyone ever puke from cannabis? (okay yeah, sometimes, but it's usually not from being high itself but from excessive smoke inhalation.) You puke when you drink because it's literally poisoning your body and you will die if you don't get it out of your system. Sorry for the long post lol[/quote]True words.I find it interesting that alcohol has no health benefits.I always thought small amounts was good for digesting foods.Whenever I drink, I can actually feel the burn of alcohol as it passes through my tubes into my stomach. I never thought this was a good thing, as if the alcohol was melting my insides.I get what you mean by brain dissolving. Alcohol makes me stupid. I tend to stumble and yell, much like mentally handicapped individuals (no disrespect meant)."Bullshit from the asshole of an angel" - Slug