Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else not drink?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SantiagoDunbar420, Jan 12, 2014.

1. So I love cannabis with all my heart, I think it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I want everyone to experience it's healing glow. Alcohol, on the other hand, I can't stand. I don't like it personally, and I hate seeing how it affects other people, which is tough cuz I go to college and live in a dorm so I'm surrounded by drunk people pretty much 24/7. Whether or not they think they're having fun, I can see from the outside that it's not good for them. Yeah sure technically it's possible to use alcohol in moderation and not have it be a bad thing, but it seems like pretty much no one does. Does anyone else feel that way?

2. Not really. Most of them will go through their drinking phase with nothing more than a lot of puking. Any drug can be used responsibly.

That being said, i do get myself into a fair bit of trouble drinking. But that doesnt mean i wont give others the benefit of the doubt.

3. I know what you mean. To be honest though, outside of the high school and college mentality, it's not that big of a deal. People just use it as a social lubricant, especially if they're around people that they're not totally comfortable with. Works wonders for us introverted people. With out alcohol, there would probably be even more lonely people in the world, so I guess that's some sort of justifying reason for willingly poisoning our body the way we do.

4. I personally dont drink at all, i mean i may once or twice a year but thats about it. Usually makes me just dizzy and for some reason it takes a lot too get me drunk. 

5. I drink and smoke, but honestly if I had to make the choice whether to smoke on a night out or drink on a night out I would EASILY choose to smoke. I hate that sick feeling that drinking gives you, and I hate the way people act when they're drunk. It seems as if no one can control themselves.

6. I don't drink or get high.

7. Drinking seems to only have the "fucked up" aspect to it, while smoking can also do this, I think much more people (at least experienced smokers and people who like to meditate) smoke to enjoy life and explore thought. Drinking's not bad, but people seem to take it too far too fast. Drinking helps me be more talkative and if I drink a good amount, I can also enter a new train of thought/meditative mode. But if you're drinking for that reason you're either out of weed or an alcoholic.  :ey:

8. i dont drink i drank

9. I can't understand how people enjoy alcohol.It tastes like shit and it makes you stupid. Plus its unhealthy factors outweighs its pros by a longshot.I think its peer pressure that keeps people drinking. We maintain this image that alcohol makes you cool and/or accepted therefore it remains.I myself do NOT enjoy alcohol 100% but I am a social drinker, as others around my age won't accept you or think your queer if you don't get drunk.I believe alcohol can be beneficial in small amounts, scientifically this is proven, though getting hammered and facing that inevitable hangover is just horrid.Once again, I cannot understand how people enjoy this holy grail Americans refer to as simple as a "drink".Straight up, the shit is poison and were chugging this shit.You don't even chug water, the source of life."Bullshit from the asshole of an angel" - Slug

10. I don't drink or get high.[​IMG]

11. Don't drink at all. I know what you mean about parties, every time I used to be at a party, I'm the only one who doesn't drink and doesn't have a beer in my hand. I always get asked if I want a beer or not and it get's so annoying because I can't just be at a party and not drink? It also sucks cause I always had to be the DD for my friends wherever we go. 

12. Drinking is pretty gross and not fun.I will 'socially' drink a beer or a glass of wine. I just don't enjoy being drunkHappiness is key to a good life.

13. [quote name="SagaciouSlug" post="19325064" timestamp="1389516576"]I can't understand how people enjoy alcohol.It tastes like shit and it makes you stupid. Plus its unhealthy factors outweighs its pros by a longshot.I think its peer pressure that keeps people drinking. We maintain this image that alcohol makes you cool and/or accepted therefore it remains.I myself do NOT enjoy alcohol 100% but I am a social drinker, as others around my age won't accept you or think your queer if you don't get drunk.I believe alcohol can be beneficial in small amounts, scientifically this is proven, though getting hammered and facing that inevitable hangover is just horrid.Once again, I cannot understand how people enjoy this holy grail Americans refer to as simple as a "drink".Straight up, the shit is poison and were chugging this shit.You don't even chug water, the source of life."Bullshit from the asshole of an angel" - Slug[/quote]This dude knows whatsup! Happiness is key to a good life.

14. I know what you mean, man. Personally, i dont mind a little alcohol. Especially if mixed with some ganj. I feel the mix will get you more 'fucked up' but will kinda lose the herbs.. 'meditative' side, u know? On the other hand, i just cant stand heavy drinking. Theres so many substances which are safer, more fun and actually mind-expanding. Why waste your time sedating brain function and puking? Some enjoy it tho, to each his own :)

15. i'm on that "strickly green" diet.

16. Alcohol hits GABA receptors. Those receptors control ; mood, aggression, anxiety, and so forth. So you might be like "fuck alcohol" but once it's actually pumping through your heart, you're saying "it's not that bad".

The reason people even drink, Is cause of the receptors alcohol hits. It hits the same ones as some prescription pills do. And we all know about pill addicts.

THC hits it's OWN receptors , fucking awesome right?? I mean, painkillers hit their own receptors, but they also interfere with others. While THC just plays it cool in my honest opinion. THC> alcohol any day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #17 Blaze'n'Bass, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    My parents have been heavy alcoholics my whole life and it has almost killed my mother. So I'm heavily against alcohol. You couldn't pay me to get drunk. Being in school I always hear about "ohh I got so shitfaced drunk last weekend!" I don't talk to those people.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. some of my friends are going down the alcoholic road. And my dad is an abusive drunk. I hate him so much, but that doesn't discourage drinking for me. Just because he can't control himself and never could. Doesn't mean. I. Can't get drunk. I just don't prefer as you said, people let it take over ... Just like my dad and how he's developing dementia .. Hey, it's what he wanted right? Duckin idiots I fuckin swear

19. You will never smoke yourself into a form of dementia (Alzheimer's, etc). If anything, you'd protect your neurotransmitters.. But alcohol WILL cause dementia.

20. Most of drinking expierences have been bad(ended up vomitting, feeling like shit the next day).
    But with MJ all i have to worry about is cotton mouth n if theres enough food left in the fridge from my last invasion.