Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else not care about 4/20??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Chino1130, Apr 17, 2008.

1. It may just be me, but I could care less that its going to be 4/20 on Sunday. All my friends are like sweet, this Sunday we are gonna get retarded. Its all I have been hearing for the last week, and I could honestly care less. IMO its just another day of the year. Going around praising 4/20 just fuels the fires of stereotypes towards stoners. Most people don't even know what 4/20 stands for. All I'm saying is that it is really no diferent than any other day. Just enjoy your herb, don't do anything so stupid you'll get fucked for it, and eat some good food. Sorry, just had to rant about it because the new episode of Southpark last night was ruined by talk of 4/20.

2. I feel the same way my dude...the only thing I'm doing on 4:20 is sparking up my dutch at 4:20 just to have the thought in the back of my head...hmmm I wonder how many people are doing the same right now lol

3. Everyday is 420 for me.

4. Yeah, 4/20 is just another day for me, you hear everyone like "OMG gonna smoke an ounce and yadi yadi yadi.." but when 4/21 comes around they'll be dry, and ppl who have brains will be still able to enjoy the herb

5. ok, you dont like it. so why hate on it? you can say the same for any holiday, "its just another day." But what makes it a holiday is that a large group of people make an effort to observe it, and Ill be damned if I don't celebrate my favorite day of the year.

6. i'm glad 420 is almost here but i don't really care a whole lot. i'll just be working the whole day then i'm goin to my friends and gunna smoke at his crib for a while

7. Every type of person gets a fucking day set aside for them. Hell, they even get parades.

Nearly every race, religion, etc.

Well, why shouldn't stoners?

Every day is a good day for toking... but the 20th should be one day where you go out of your way to have fun with friends, and maybe even gather with people you don't know, to celebrate one cause, and one vibe.

(Not that I'm bashing on people who don't celebrate the 20th.)

It started out as the time, not the date anyway, so I personally take more interest in the time.

8. Uh, no I do care about 4/20.

Alcoholics get:

- New Years Eve
    - St. Patty's Day
    - May 24 Weekend

Stoners get:

So, you know.
    Let us have this one day to celebrate our love.
    Don't be a party pooper!

9. chyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

10. I don't get any more baked on 4/20 than I do any other time I smoke. I guess it's sort of a way to rejoice in smoking though. A unification of sorts. People over do it and talk about it too much, it still has meaning for me, however.

11. I really don't care too much about 4/20. It's not like i'm going to get any higher than I do any other day. Last year I didn't even smoke that day.

12. I like to make some idea's for 4/20 and make sure I have a big sack of dank. However, It's mostly just to match anyone who wants to smoke. You get to smoke with new people, people who haven't smoked in a while, or with people smoking for their first time. It's awesome, everyones down to smoke, hang out, and whatever. If people were as active and cool as they act on 4/20 the world would be a better place. The problem is teenagers who walk around with pot shirts on trying to act all cool, like they know the first thing about mj (which they never do). You can usually find these kids dressed in all black, with pot leaf symbols on their clothes, standing outside cotton mouth king or ICP concerts. But they are there all year, 4/20 they just get a lot dumber.

13. Damn exams! No 420 for me this year. Sunday will be study day.

I'll just hit my one-hitter before bed...

14. I wouldn't say that I don't care about 4/20, it's just that I don't think I go proactively trying to celebrate it. Unless there's a fat cannaparty or some other festival that falls on that day. I don't get too worked up over it but nonetheless others get enjoyment out of it so why not.

15. I could care less also, I think it is silly.

16. For me 4:20 is going to be a day of giving, im going to let alot of people smoke my herb and get them as high as i do everyday.

17. There is no way you can call yourself a lover of marijuana, and then also not understand why 4/20 is a day of paramount importance! 4/20 is a day of respect, a day to pay homage to the herb. You smoke with friends, loved ones, and people you've never smoked with before. You get to educate first time tokers, and enjoy a bowl with other seasoned vets. Every bowl you smoke should have 1000 times more importance because it's a bowl of social dissent. You do it because you know millions of people around the world are also ripping a bowl and saying "fuck you government, I love marijuana".

So for the sake of bake don't hate this holy day.

18. but i really can't say these horrible things about 4/20
    you guys.....seriously

there are people that act stupid about 4/20, but this is the seasoned tokers thread...we should set an example of responsible rejoice
    Last year i was completely dry...i had absolutely nothing and was freaking out, didnt find out until 3:55 that some old friends were having a cannaparty out in the woods
    about 12 people showed up and everyone rolled the nicest blunts (5 or 6) they could and we passed those bastards around all at once
    there was no arguing about rotation
    the only rule was to start exactly at 4:20
    it was a perfect cornucopia of bud and sharing
    you passed a blunt and a new one came to you
    i have never seen a happier group of people

this year its gonna be a smaller group of friends and should be pretty mellow
    i'm just saying...

This is our day
    This is our time
    don't sit on ur ass
    dont watch tv
    because this is the moment...for smokin some weed:smoking:

19. I would consider the global marijuana march a holiday for stoners as well. Yea May 3rd at Queen's park!

20. Exactly. To The OP: I feel ya, buddy.