Anyone else love telemarketers?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Jun 6, 2009.

1. man i dont know why people always complain about gettin telemarketting phone calls. I used to prank call people but these people save me the trouble from dialing.

just now some research company calls and they say they wanna ask me a few questions, and i said in an enthusiastic voice "of course!!! i LOVE these things!"

she laughed and asked if i was being sarcastic and again, enthusiastically i said "NOOOOOO! i really do!"

she asked how old i was and i said 569...lol. then she said "yeah ok well thats all the questions i have for you today" and i shouted "wait! thats only in dog years!" but she hung up :(.

maybe i'll have better luck next time.

2. hahaha

dog years

3. I looove you enthusiasm with the telemarketer. It is often hard for me because those telemarketers often sound so depressing. So usually I just say nope and hang up. Then resume being happy.

4. I try to chat with them, like about how their lives are, where they're calling from, how they got that job, etc.

They usually just hang up on me though :(

5. the way i see it, im giving them a break from their whack ass job
    lol they're too busy calling for sales that they most likely wont get

6. i would think more stoners would do this :confused:

7. Luckily, I don't get many of these calls anymore.

I'm usually nice, but brief with them.

8. DAMN DUDE thats funny as hell! Make me laugh so hard I blew my bowl out, Because I fuck with them all the time. Makes so atleast im not getting pissed off every 20 mins.

9. haha foreal, i used to get pissed because i hate answering the phone. its better to just make the best out of it. hope you recover your weed from that bowl man

10. Haha yeah the bowls all good and smoke up now, but hell I think fuckin with the telemarkets actually makes some of thier days :eek:

The ones callin from like india or iraq are annoying as fuck tho and they NEVER get my name right. Cant even mess with them because they either think your serious or dont understand you lol.:eek:

11. haha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI]YouTube - The Greatest Prank Call Ever[/ame]

12. Hahahaaa :smoke:

I do things like that when my friend's let me answer the calls, but we don't get telemarketers are my house.. no house phone, everyone just has a cell.

13. Haha I seen this befor, its awsome!

Poor telemarketer :) They must hate thier job.

14. Haha, hilarious stuff.

15. This is a interesting list I stumbled upon not too long ago and saved.

Top 12 Ways to
    Get Rid of Telemarketers

1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for Bankruptcy and you could sure
    use some money.

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Or you can say,
    "I'm so glad you asked, because no one seems to care these days and I have all these problems,
    my sciatica is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died..." When they try to get back
    to the sell, just continue your problems.

3. If they say they're Joe Doe from the XYZ Company, Ask them to spell their name, then ask
    them to spell the company name, then ask them where it located. Continue asking them personal
    questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

4. This one works better if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with Canter
    and Siegel services.... You: "Hang on a second." (Few seconds pause) "Okay, (in a really husky voice)
    what are you wearing?"

5. Crying out, in well-simulated tones of pleasure and surprise, "Judy!! Is this really you? Oh,
    my God! Judy, how have you BEEN?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as
    she tries to figure out where on earth she could know you from.

6. Say, "No", repeatedly. Be sure to vary the sound of each no, and keep an even tempo even as
    they're trying to speak. This is the most fun if you can keep going until they hang up.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up with their Family and Friends plan, reply, in as
    sinister a voice as you can muster, "I don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"

8. If they clean rugs: "Can you get blood out, you can? Well, how about goat blood or HUMAN blood.

9. Let the person go through their spiel, providing minimal but necessary feedback in the form of
    an occasional "Uh-huh, really, or "That's fascinating." Finally, when they ask you to buy, ask them
    to marry you.

10. Tell them you work for the same company they work for. Example: Telemarketer: "This is Bill
    from Mantermills." You: "Mantermills!! Hey I work for them too. Where are you calling from?"
    Telemarketer: "Uh, Dallas, Texas." You: "Great, they have a group there too? How's business/the
    weather? Too bad the company has a policy against selling to employees! Oh well, see ya."

11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, shout
    or scream, "Oh, my God!!!" and then hang up.

12. Say to the Telemarketer, "Sorry, I can't talk right now but if you'd just give me your home
    phone number I'll call you when I'm not as busy. When they say in a flustered way that they can't
    give out their home number say, "Oh, I see...you don't want strangers calling you at your home!
    Now you know how I feel."