Anyone else loathe their dad?

Discussion in 'General' started by simmer, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my dad is pretty chill. usually i'd catch him at his house smokin some tobacco in a pipe. i'd sneak a little present in his pipe.:D

2. I love my father, but I do not respect him. Not one fucking bit.

3. You're right, I don't know the whole story and that does make me presumptuous, but it doesn't change my opinion of you thus far. He hasn't ruined anybodies life. Your mom could have left any time she wanted to. If he was as bad as you claim, then it sounds like she should have.

I'm sorry your mom feels that way, but she made the choices she did. My mom complains about how shitty her life is too, but the fact is she chose to marry a piece of shit, she chose to have kids, and thats nobody else's fault but her own.

4. Well, it's not like we're fracking detectives. All we have to go on is YOUR own posts in this thread.

Somehow I'm not buying ANY of this shit to be honest. You come on here and rant about your Dad, here's EXACTLY what you wrote before I posted:

AND THEN you post this wonderful missive:

So now all of a sudden your Dad who isn't the worst parent is driving your Mom to suicide?

Your Mom is SERIOUSLY considering suicide? That's fucked up. If your Dad is that much of a monster, then it's high time for someone to intervene. Ever thought about sending your Mom to a family counselor?

You want compassion? You want understanding? Post more than just a two sentence thread saying "I Hate my dad." Because some of us miss our parents more than you could ever know.

And some of us ARE parents and it's not an easy job. ESPECIALLY when you have adult children. I had a HORRIBLE relationship with my Mother between the ages of 18 - 22, and it took a long time to repair that. I suspect that you're going through a phase where you're not really an adult, and you're no longer a child. You don't know what to do with yourself so you're lashing out.

In any case, I don't care. You ask for understanding and for people to know all the details before they judge, well, that's incumbent on YOU to provide the details in the first place.

Next time you want compassion, give us the FULL story before you go off half cocked.

5. Nah i like my dad.

You have to respect your parents. Hell they gave you life. You should never spit in their faces like that. Unless you were GRAVELY mistreated. ie beaten, sexually assaulted whatever.

6. this thread fails.

the only thing i dont like about my dad is that he's 60+, works 18 hours a day, plays sports on the reg, and makes me look pathetic.

7. This. Left before I was old enough to walk. Gave me some greeeaat shit to deal with during my hormone-raged teenage years.

Over it now though. Haven't known him for 27 years of my life, don't need to know him now. :smoke:

EDIT: Also, Bill just burned your shit up. XD

8. See this is something I really don't understand....all your dad did to bring you into this world was bang your mom without a rubber, what a massive goddamn sacrifice on his part. It's what he does after you're born that counts in my opinion. That being said i love my dad, we fight like any other son and father but he's still great and has always supported me and cared for me.

9. Actually she can't divorce him, his paycheck supports us, so it's not that he's a monster per-se, but I still do not respect or love anyone who hurts my mom. My mom is compassionate and selfless. A virtuous woman if you will, she's taught me how to be a good person in this world.

Ahh well, I guess if I really do deep down love my dad, that feeling will show itself long after he's dead, whicih at the rate he's eating, won't be long after he's retired.

10. #30 simmer, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010

Sir, is it so hard to see that I have conflicting views on m father?
    Is it so bad that I like to play off everything in a half-heartedly joking fashion?

However, yes, I will admit that I didn't provide full summary of my families going-ons.
    That I will man up to and say "my bad" :eek:

In my opinion, anyone who hurts my mom, deserves some animosity from me. Plain and simple. He has no qualities that I admire and is in fact the antithesis of what a good person should be in my opinion, he's polite to strangers and lashes out at his family in a way that's not tecnically abuse. and my mom cannot divorce him because we as a family are dependant on his income.

Again, I am so fucking terribly sorry I didn't give yall every single little abysmal detail.

Edit: as for someone to intervene....Who the fuck can intervene? No one can get through to that man, not even a crying wife. We're too fucking poor to PAY someone to intervene.

11. If she taught you to be a good person, then you wouldn't be posting on this message board saying how much you hate your father. You would be looking for ways to make the familial relationship better.

12. Yall are right this thread is full of fail. :eek:

Too many people are being angry, and it's infecting me, making me angry and unlevel-heded as well.

13. #33 simmer, Oct 5, 2010

You don't think I've tried every single fucking day of my life, I WISH there was some way to reach him. I wish there was someway to make this family a little more functional.

I'm posting this on the internet cause, fuck it, it's the internet. And why can't good people not respect or love a family member if we feel he deserves it

If I was my father, I would've simply closed this thread from "embarassment" rather than try to level-headedly sort it out with these third party perspectives i.e. You good people :eek:

Edit: Also I wasn't lashing out at yall. I try not to lash out at anybody, even sarcastically, Sorry if I came off that way, wires can get crossed over text ya know?

14. I dont fuck with that dude, he hella wack

15. You dont have to act so condescending about it. Also, name calling is against the rules. You should know that.

But yeah, I love and respect my mom and dad.

16. I love my mom and dad very much. I wouldn't mind killing anyone whoever laid their hands on them. I'm 25, my dad is 70 and my mom is 67. My parents are getting old and I hate that so much.

17. I cant stand my dad as well. Our personalities just clash and he is so thick headed. I just cant stand to be around him. But, I still love my dad. He tries the best he can even though we cant see eye to eye on anything. I never see him anymore since I moved halfway across the country. Its probably better this way.

18. i love him, but Christ all fuck mighty getting beat sucks ass

19. Wow WildWill you act as if he should have layed out every single detail of how his father mistreated him in his entire life. Get over yourself just because your a father and it isn't easy doesn't mean every father is trying hard to be a good dad. It isn't something that is easy for a lot of people to express if they don't get along with them.

As for my father who was an alcoholic, cheated on my mom, and had no emotional connection with me my entire life other than a tool to control and manipulate I can honestly say I have absolutely no respect for my dad. I look down on him as pathetic and in a way I pity him for his choices. I love him simply because he is my one and only father but thats as far as it goes. I did not lash out against him, he was verbally abusive and hit me when I was about 16 for not doing all the dishes and cleaning because I was sick in bed. Luckily this made me a very strong independent person and I taught myself how to be a real man.

20. #40 RMJL, Oct 5, 2010
    Closed for a quick personal review by me. Ok...I have work to do in here. I'll finish it in a few.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.