anyone else like emo?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by xero_gravity, Nov 25, 2002.

1. I was on the search for a new type of music to listen to and i stumbled across emo. There are tons of different types and i instantly fell in love with every type. Something about jst reached inside my soul and gave it a big hug. It (like most other music) is great when stoned. you can really feel the music.
    Anyway i was just wondering who else likes emo. If you do and know some good bands that i might not have heard of post them and i'll check them out.

2. I like emo, but I still think it's one of the worst names for a genre ever.

Isn't all music emotional??? Not just emo.....

3. I used to be into emo pretty good..I had a close friend who listened to it 24 hours a day. you can only take so much of whiney guys complaining about never gettting the girl. but I do like some of the bands..the ataris are cool..get up kids..I just can take some really whiney emo bands. since then, I dont like the friend anymore, in fact it was a near love lost for the best.. and emo since to me has sucked. ironically enough. I found this song on the net..funny shit for people who arent fans of emo. or just like the satire of it...

gotta click (wont let me cop n paste)
    http://www.geocities.com/howtodressemo/anti.html

4. ya know emo originally started out as extremely emotional hardcore. then it lost the hardcore part and went downhill from there... but hey... to each his own. most of the bands i listen to most people have never heard of, and they probably wouldn't like 'em if they did. lol.

"Emo sucks! Don't call yourself emo unless you wanna suck!" -- Jesse Smith - Zao.

my friend tricked me into going to an emo show once... i went into their wanna be push pit and sat down... it was funny.

not trying to be an ass or anything, but i don't like kids who look like they're 15 years old whining about everything. 1 band i think is ok though is Thursday. they're probably the only emo band i somewhat like.