Anyone Else Like Cops?

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Jun 17, 2007.

1. At the restaurant I manage, its pretty much the only cop hang-out. I have now, literally met every single cop in my town. All who seems pretty chill.

I'll usually give them some free dessert, sit down with them, have some conversations. Its great. Most of them love Zeppelin, Hendrix, etc.

I've found out that most don't really give two-shits about marijuana. They know its harmless, and they feel bad for enforcing these rules. (I know not all cops are like this.)

I mean, I'm happy we have cops here. If not, rape, murder, crime in general would run rampant. I just don't agree with the cannabis laws. That's all.

I know most of them by name, now. As they do with me. So, I'm hoping if I'm ever popped with an 1/8th on me, they'll let me go. I hope...

2. I'm gonna go ahead and say this is going to be a touchy subject for most on here...

3. Good thing to do, is get close to them.
    Hopefully they dont lynch you.

4. I love cops. Im grateful for all the things they do for us.

5. I almost totally agree with you. I personally have nothing against policemen in general, and I would be hard-pressed to claim that all policemen can be grouped together. And I think you're exactly right about disagreeing with the cannabis laws. I mean, whether a policeman supports a law or not, he still has to enforce it. It's the same for us as citizens: if there is a law we don't support, we still have to follow it or risk the consequences. That's just the way it is. You just have to be mature and responsible about it.

6. I guess just being with them, not as a suspect, but as guy who's just talking to them. I can see they aren't bad at all.

They're as human as you and I. I have respect for them. Putting their lives on the line so we can be safe.

7. Most the cops around my area are assholes on a power trip :(. I don't like/dislike any group or category of people in general, though. It's nice that the cops around your area are cool though, lucky you :).

8. I know those type. When I was 18, the day of Graduation, all of us went out and got HAMMERED. I'm talking like 20 beers deep, each of us.

We were walking home. WALKING. Not driving. And these cops pull us over. Underage drinking, etc.

Man, we were raped in court. 48 hours of community service working in a landfill in the south, in the summer. $400 fine, and a year's probation.

All because we each had some Budweiser on us. What the hell is that?

9. We've got some pretty funny cops in Dallas. Now we have the occasional crazy conservative ones, but then we also have the more super-trooper type cops also. I've had friends race cops, and we've been caught drinking and smoking by cops and all we had to do was beat him in an arm wrestle to not get arrested. Some pretty cool cops out there, but I do respect most of them for putting their life on the line for us. It's not the nicest job out there.

10. I like cops.

I respect what they do and for the most part think that the majority of them are trying to do the right thing.

11. I find that majority of the cops out there (atleast in my town) are not out there to screw people over. I find myself treating cops with respect and understanding, and I find that they appreciate people appreciating their work. I also believe my pleasant attitude towards the authorities definately is worth it when you get treated rightfully during a traffic stop for example. There are countless times ive been pulled over with out my license on hand (legal in my state if license is valid) and drugs on my person for example, and because I was well spoken, made eye contact, understood and respected the officers point of views, they never give me any trouble. After every run-in, I appologize, or thank the officer and tell him to have a good day, and theyll always tell me the same. Its simple karma in my mind.--- :devious: But i always walk away thinking about how theyr all a bunch of saps--and im sure theyre walking away thinking about how chinky i look or something

pot head/hippie vs. cop relations have never been good. And im sure cops (sterotypically) expect poor behavior from stoners..--I like to think im quiet devious in how I treat authorities..a lil serbian jew double bluff if you will?? reverse psychology maybe?? I think they typically egg people like us on...provoking so you dig yourself deep in a hole. I see it as a game that is always lost when played, so dont play it.--If you treat them respectfully and never get on that bad side, youll probably never play those games

and wow...giving them free dessert, what better way to get on a piggies good side

12. I appreciate the job that cops do, its a tough job when you have to deal with murderers, addicts, and generally cruel abusive people. But, i look down on them for enforcing old, biased marijuana laws.

13. I thought you were speaking of the show COPS....

...but no, most cops i have met were assholes in their own way, even with simple conversation. There have been a few that were alright, but the assholes far outweigh the FEW who deserve my respect

14. Cops vary from place to place. I've found a place as of right now, where they're chill.

Where I grew up...not so chill...at all.

But, I do respect them for laying their lives so we can be safe. That's all. Cannabis laws suck. They do. But, cops do awesome jobs for us. :)

15. Most of my family has had something to do with law enforcement, Grandfather is a cop 2 uncles were cops, dad too.

I remember always having cop BBQ's, lotta cops knew that I smoked but knew me since I was like 10 so it was chill. I still know a handfull of the cops around here on a first name basis so I don't have a hard time with em for the most part. They're just trying to make a living like everyone else.

16. i don't respect them JUST for being cops. If they show me they are worthy of my respect, then they get it. Otherwise, I should have the right to treat them just like any other asshole piece of shit :cool:

17. I respect them for unknowningly letting me go w/o a search or any piggish attitude each time i encounter them--I say hey son, as long as your not botherin me i dont care who you bother, good say sir. <--my general attitude on law enforcement

Like i said in my earlier post, im not arguing tokenblues posts/pointing fingers, but attitudes like token's are provoked and then exploited, always

not sayin its the wrong attitude, or that you cant still manage while having those views on law enforcement, I just think they expect (with good reason im sure) those opinions, I find theyre usually taken by surprise when people actually act nice/respectful towards their work

18. If they let cannabis users go...they are corrupt, and could lose their job...if they fuck us over like they're supposed to...they are violating our rights...the whole situation just plain sucks, anybody can see that.

Cops are needed...but this kind of bullshit is not...

Anger at cops is misplaced, but justified.

The War On Drugs is the new Jim Crow

19. Yeah, one of the dumbest things you can do is show a cop attitude, because in the end you're going to get fucked 10x more for it.

20. cops are just fine by me. they are necessary since most people are incapable of keeping themselves in check without some sort of external enforcement. If you don't want to be hassled by them, then you just need to live smarter.