Anyone else just want to get away from their family?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDirtyPoncho, Jan 16, 2010.

1. I dont know about you guys but when I have the chance I wanna move away from my family.

My family are very close with eachother. I see my grandpartents all the time and I see my cousins, aunts and uncles a lot even though they live in a different city. But Im just sick of these people.

They know I smoke weed and they treat it like its a fucking horrible thing to do. Its not just because of the weed but i just don't like spending time with them that much. I want to just move far away and visit only sometimes. I just think they can be major assholes a lot of the time but i don't wanna get into details about it.

They are not even very nice to eachother, but they are still a huge part of eachothers lives. They are always up in my fucking business and well they just piss me off.

Does anybody feel like this?

2. Yep, that's family for ya.

Mine is similar, in the sense that we all live pretty close to each other and see each other often. Fortunately though, they usually mind their own business and are actually careful not to "pry" into anyone's personal life. I guess I'm lucky :p

Good luck, man. You'll make it out of there :)

3. No I don't feel like that. But I don't live anywhere near my family and that is probably why!! :D

4. Oh hell yeah, I can't stand any of them except for my dad (sometimes) and my cousin.

5. Thanks man. But Not only are they nosy and annoying but they are just assholes to eachother and me. I can't say I hate them but I just want some space from em.

6. Dude--there is NOTHING wrong with that.

In fact, it's expected that you'll go out into the world and do your own thing. I mean, how else do you grow up and learn independence and self-reliance?

And you're certainly not the first person to feel this way ;)

7. you can move where ever you want but in the end, you'll always have one family.

i know how you feel cuz i see the fam bam all the time too. most of my family lives in the bay area, less than 15 minutes away. we have huge family dinners and get togethers all the time. i know how you feel.

but then my uncle almost died last year and i thought about it, people will die and they wont be there anymore. im thinking you never experienced death in the close family yet.

i get tired of seeing them all the time too, but then think about it. in the future, you wont have all that anymore.

treasure the moments you spend with your family cuz people die. and you dont know when they'll die. so every moment counts cuz u dont know if you're gonna have another moment.

yadadamean?!

8. I have that almost exact situation. Sucks....Wait it out though, it might get better

9. Thanks so much, this was awesome. Im not saying I wanna ditch them forever or anything but I really do need at least a bit more space. I realize these people are important and I do love them but they can be in my life without completely taking it over if you get what I mean.

10. I did feel like that, OP.

Now I'm on my own at uni, and there's no way for them to keep tabs on me or involve themselves in my personal doings. I mean, I love my family and love going back home, but what you need is to get away for a bit - when you return, you'll be glad to see them probably.

Heck, even my parents have eased up on my weed usage; they know I do it but they know I'm working towards a degree and I'm not fuckin' around, so hell, let the boy have his fun!

11. Yes. I love living at college and only seeing them once a month, its the perfect balance. But then I have to back home for winter/summer break...that gets pretty bad, I get depressed and just can't do anything have no motivation to accomplish shit. My childhood was just so fucked up I have to get away from it for a few years and everytime I spend a lot of time with my family it brings up bad memories, so yea I feel what you feel x100.

12. Just reading the title, YES.
    They piss me off regularly, and just.. man.. my household used to be the shit, but now since we moved its all down the drain.. will be moving again this year... lawl.. hope to something NICE.
    :smoking:

13. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never saw any of my extended family again. Maybe meet up with my immediate family for special occasions and that's it. I just feel like it's pointless that the only reason we spend time together is simply because we are related. We have nothing in common and aren't even on the same plane of existence let alone intelligence.

14. Yep, and I am. Thailand in two weeks and when I come back I'm leaving the country for school in Australia. Doesn't get much farther away then that.

15. it's true most of my family is dead, you gotta enjoy em while they're here

16. Family; love or hate 'em, they're with you fo' life.

17. eh i love my family to death but i love being away at college more sometimes. If they respected that I'm 19 and let me act like an adult when i am home then I would have no problem being home for breaks ect but i cant keep going from total freedom to a lack there of. Its so annoying sometimes

18. dude don't be the typical stoner who wants to move out or get away from your family. They brought you into this world. Maybe you are smoking too much marijuana and don't have a job. IDK. Just try to get along with them. Life's too short to bitch about your own family.

19. yeah sometimes.

My pops and mom are cool people, it's just lame being 19 and having to be quiet with my footsteps each night etc when im coming in. Or cooking an egg and my Dad storming in trying to tell me the perfect way to do it.

Then again they have no clue i smoke buds, and sometimes i do it in my room, they are just very hands off in their parenting approach. They don't bother me often, I could sit in my room for 10 hours and only be yelled at to be told they made some food I could have.

I guess I live it up pretty swell with my 'rents...:smoking:

20. Not when they fucked you for life....not every family is hard working making the world better for their kids, its not always the child's fault for not connecting to their family and weed has nothing to do with it, its just what people use to alleviate their troubles.