Anyone else into WheresGeorge.com ?

Discussion in 'General' started by screensmoke, Mar 14, 2011.

1. I've been on the city for nearly 7 or 8 years by now, as only being a registered user in the last year or so, I am also a regular user and member of wheresgeorge.com.
    I find the travel of bills in natural circulation is extremely interesting, moving faster than we can ever track or follow. Money makes the world go round, and it, in turn, goes around the world. Other countries are also starting the same currency tracking projects, and many foreign countries have had hits on American money.

I was wondering if anyone else was into tracking their money through the internet, and how many people involved in our culture also are involved in that culture??? Let me know. GC we all know money rocks! :hello:

2. I register it when one comes my way, I've had a few do so. Pretty neat :smoke:

3. I think I've registered a bill or two, but never got into it. I didn't know they had a community and shit. I don't know if I need to get into another forum right now though, this, and x360a are enough for now. :p

4. Awesome!! I'm glad at least one prominent GC member will actually log their bills! So many people I talk to say, I'm too lazy to do it, or, I spend it first, or, I don't care. Glad to hear some people will actually allow the geeks like me to be excited!! :p

5. LOL, it really is a lot of fun, and interesting. You would be amazed how few bills actually are entered into the system after passing through your hands, as the average circulation of a 1 dollar bill is around 18 months. Learn something new every day! Thanks for the feedback guys!!

6. Yeah, in Canada we have something like find Freddy or wheres Freddy. I've gone on the site before years ago, and I was just googling it but I can't find it!

7. E verywheres george bill I find gets logged ha..i too think its pretty interesting..i got one once that said it originally came from tokyo

8. it's whereswilly.com, they advertise on wheregeorge

haha welcome my canadian bretheren

9. thats awesome ive never gotten an international hit but would love to

ive sent sa few of my bills to new york with friends, im sure you can get bills from allllll over up there

glad to hear people on the city are down for tracking the circulation of money

10. If you hunt down all of the bills in circulation do you battle the final boss then move onto the next currency?

11. thatd be epic however ill never track down all the currency.. gotta have money to track money lol:smoke:

12. I thought that was some sort of scam site...? huh, next time I come across one I shall log it !:)

13. Wow I remember seeing a dollar that said that had no idea it was actually connected to something

14. Awesome, I'm glad I can teach that WG isnt a scam. It's entirely free and if you're a nerd like me, or you just want another site to visit, it's a lot of fun. Pee, you might even get some of my bills ;]
    I always log all of the cash that comes through my way... I feel bad sometimes when I pay large amounts of cash that are all marked bills.... people do look at me funny sometimes. Still very interesting to me.

15. I've entered 48 bills (worth $202) with just 1 hit

16. SWEET another registered user??
    I have over 500 with only 32 hits.
    It takes a while. A lot of patience. A lot of stamping and writing. Spending in the right location. I'm sure you've seen some of the users with a million and a half bills, with infinite hits on every series every denomination every FRB and block letter.
    It's fun to do over time, and I've learned some patience.
    Average bill life of a 1 dollar bill is only 18 months, btw. Think about that!:smoke:

17. i've never used it, though i remember seeing one of those many years ago when i was young. I'm gonna sign up and register some bills though since i'm bored.

18. i have gotten some over here in the american compounds, some even from a german.

never entered them though, should have.

19. that'd be awesome guys, glad i got some interest going here.
    i wish for an international hit SO SO SO SO SO badly.
    i work in a MAJOR international tourist area,
    lets just say its the happiest place on earth, with castles, and it's magical
    and i mark and release most of my bills in quick service resturants and other quickly disposed of cash places..... however no international hits... YET :hello:

20. Mordor?

No but really do you work at Disney World? If so, tell me your secrets wizard.