Anyone else into honda's

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by hatch kid, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Yeah people keep telling me that my k20 is one of the few factory made motors that claim to make 100 hp per liter.

I got it because my other cars ate too much gas!

I disliked hondas because of the teens that UGLIFY their civics, but a test drive made all of that irrelevant.

I keep it looking completely factory, aside from quiet axleback exhaust and ecu upgrade, tire upgrade and soon to tinkle with motor (camshafts, throttle body, etc).

Out of the naturally aspirated 4 cylinders no other car is close to the fun factor.

2. And why kids drag their hondas I have no idea, it's more meant for twisty roads.

I'm so glad the flashpro lowered my powerband, canyon driving just got EVEN BETTER!

3. #83 stupidstuff, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Ya because so many track cars are FWD. :rolleyes: where do you get this stuff. No fwd car will touch my Toyota in the turns. It's RWD.

yesk
    How do I know about what the differences are between JDM engines and USDM? Hummm I wonder....... If I don't know my shit maybe you could offer a counter point instead of just saying I don't know shit. Like I said there were a few engines offered there that were not offered here.
    Why don't you fill us in on the JDM goodies that will make your ride fast. And fast is not 14s. You say JDM the fuck out of it like that will be all it needs. that is a ricer statement if ever I've herd one. JDM components don't show there value untill you put some money/work into them to make them reach there potential. At that point they are custom modified and not JDM other than where hey were sold. This has been my experience. As I actually have some.

4. JDM isnt even a scene or style its the actual parts. Its simply the parts for that car from Japan. That can mean a motor that is slightly different that the American version, or a front bumper that looks different that the American one. JDM cant really be about "something" because its such a broad term.

On another note, I got my Civic running right! After checking everything and still not finding out why the thing was running so rich I decided to take my MAP sensor off to see if it was damaged. Upon inspection the damn thing was missing the gasket where it meets the intake. Put a new one on and it runs like a champ!

5. Lol you guys really need to learn your stuff.

Let me tell you why JDM > USDM.

From Nissan, JDM got Skyline R32, R33, R34 and the Silvia S15. Great cars that never saw the US shores (legally). Silvia S13 and S14 never made it here either. We got a watered down non-turbo version with a crap KA24DE.

From Toyota, we never saw the IS300 BEAMS(Breakthrough Engine And Management System), MR2 BEAMS, SC300 turbo... there are more.

Honda never let the US shores see the NSX Type R, or any Civic Type R.

Add to that these cars are a dime a dozen in japan, and parts are cheap and plentiful.

If I get a chance to move to japan in my lifetime I will take it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pzBOTQ843Y]Awfilms 2011 Ebisu Drift + other - YouTube[/ame]

6. I got a 1989 blue Honda civic hatchback standard that came stock with a 4 SPd tranny and a 72 horse 1.5 four banger but the owner before the most previous got a 1.5 dx engine from the same generation which bumped it up to 92 horse and the corresponding tranny which bumped it up to 5 gears . I fucking love this car so much. I've always had a thing for 4th gens and 5th gens but especially the more boxy 4th gens. My dream is to have a k20 if it will even fit with an intake and whatever else is a good upgrade. If it can't fit then I'll settle for a b16 supercharged, b18 supercharged, b 20 supercharged or if possible an h22 supercharged. I also love Honda motorbikes (though Yamaha is my favorite) I've owned a '85 Honda xr 80 dirtbike which was the sweetest first bike lots of good fun on that bike, and now own a '12 Honda ruckus scooter super sweet as well. I've heard you can get hop up kits to make me do 55 or even 75 so maybe one day I hope to get that

7. #87 Gods Father, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    You do know the BTCC is currently being dominated by FWD Civics, Chevy Sparks and Ford Focus's, over their RWD counterparts, BMW's and Vauxhall's, right? Many teams in different series, that allow them, are starting to develop FWD cars for competition. They're especially dominating on the tight street circuits. FWD cars also good for autocross events as well, and many local series favor FWD over RWD. I will agree I'd take a RWD car over a FWD, but you simply cannot discredit them. The only reason series like GT1 are purely RWD are because those cars are making close to 600HP and anything over 300HP in a FWD car develops unwanted torque steer. Also, just because it's RWD doesn't mean it's going to handle like it's on rails. I can tell you your Toyota's wheelbase would be too short for some real driver's liking. Sorry to tell you but your Toyota could be beat by FWD cars of similar weight and capacity, pending driver skill. As I doubt you're the ultimate driver, it's most certainly a possibility of an Integra or something crushing your dreams.

8. [quote name='"stupidstuff"']

Ya because so many track cars are FWD. :rolleyes: where do you get this stuff. No fwd car will touch my Toyota in the turns. It's RWD.

yesk
    How do I know about what the differences are between JDM engines and USDM? Hummm I wonder....... If I don't know my shit maybe you could offer a counter point instead of just saying I don't know shit. Like I said there were a few engines offered there that were not offered here.
    Why don't you fill us in on the JDM goodies that will make your ride fast. And fast is not 14s. You say JDM the fuck out of it like that will be all it needs. that is a ricer statement if ever I've herd one. JDM components don't show there value untill you put some money/work into them to make them reach there potential. At that point they are custom modified and not JDM other than where hey were sold. This has been my experience. As I actually have some.[/quote]

Cool bro.i like Honda's this is a thread for people who like Honda's.im gonna "jdm the fuck outta my Honda" cuz that's what i wanna do if you think im a lame ricer its cool idgaf

9. I've been thinking about buying this 91 ef hatch for a project since its only $500 I'd have to get a motor and tranny for it.

10. I would love a white s2k with mugen hardtop, but very hard to find in good condition.

Still my fg2 is a blast to drive.

11. riiiiiiight....

[​IMG]

but i guess, in the end, its all personal preference.

i own a non-///M e30 NA four cylinder and it is loads more fun to drive than my eg6 ever was.

12. So you got an m10 then doc? I've been freaking dying to know what the s14 drives like. My m20 is fun so I just imagine better. Lol.

13. I have a 94 accord and a 91 civic...the accord is more fun to drive..idk nuthing bout engines

14. 2002 honda civic coupe dark green chrome rims yea buddy

15. Me and my buddy carve up the mountains me in my little blue EF and him in his R32. The fact of the matter is, a basic swap went into my car some suspension upgrades and boom my little $1000 shell with a $1000 motor and $800 worth of suspension components equated to a car under $3000 that keeps up with and even dust (in a straight line) a 25k VW.

His specs: Base engine size: 3.2 L
    Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
    Cylinders: V6
    Valves: 24
    Valve timing: Variable
    Torque: 236 ft-lbs. @ 2500 rpm
    Horsepower: 250 hp @ 6300 rpm
    Turning circle: 35.7 ft.
    Base engine type: premium gas

Mine

1.4l
    Cam: SOHC
    Cylinders 4
    Valve Timing - Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa VTEC baby
    HP - 140
    Turning Circle.. i dunno
    Base engine type: cheap gas.

I'm down 100HP on his VW yet keep up without issue.

Yea, love my honda.

16. This is probably a dumb question. But where did you guys get the knowledge to rebuild these cars. Ive always been very interested in cars and now I'd like to get a project car. Just wondering if the majority of you went to school/taught or just tinkered around and learned from basic knowledge and trial and error.

17. #97 Husky42, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    I cannot continue to read your comments without saying this: Your name fits for just about everything you say.

RWD better than FWD for cornering? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yea no....I'll power out of a corner before you can even power down. Period..and in the wet.. lol i'll be gone and down the road before you even hit the apex, this is not to discredit RWD, its great, I love RWD for certain applications but as a track car? I dunno, over my volvo i much prefer my Civic.

I've had both solutions on different cars, the Volvo was fun, but a little water/moisture on the roads and it was far more challenging to keep in a straight line.

Now, FWD Push - Fucking hate it.you do not get this with RWD but you do get a nasty step out in corners with RWD on power down you do not get with FWD. Its hard, because RWD is just so "fun" but when crossing it will always be my civic.

18. Aside from a high school shop class I had for half a year, many years ago I am self taught. My dad taught me some basics, but almost everything I know I picked up down the road. You just figure things out as you go, aside from completely rebuilding an engine or rewiring cars are relatively simple.

19. The bottom line to this argument/point is weight broski ;).

20. [quote name='"JPR"']

Aside from a high school shop class I had for half a year, many years ago I am self taught. My dad taught me some basics, but almost everything I know I picked up down the road. You just figure things out as you go, aside from completely rebuilding an engine or rewiring cars are relatively simple.[/quote]

Alright thanks. I'm just debating on buying this 91 integra its only $700 and they say it may need a head or new engine. Just want a hobby that I can feel rewarded for accomplishing. I'm probably going to take some automotive classes over the summer