Anyone else in USA hope to move to a warmer climate?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PA2Elsewhere, Jan 23, 2014.

1. California coast would possibly be the best mainland climate.  I would rather wear a little more clothes than swelter too.

2. Postponed my eye doc appt. because I fear cold medical offices.  Froze myself silly last winter in my dentist's waiting room.   This makes me angry because a couple of degrees higher usually makes indoors much better.

3. im in michigan so cold which is odd as we have so meny pot holes that are so deep and wide flames come out of them would love to move to warm place 

4. I hear its very expensive boring suburban living with wealthy corporations & firms setting up shop there, but very little public transportation which u seem to be looking for?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. My living depends on the snow, Im in a forever struggle constantly chasing the snow to get video shots and what not 

6. #86 chili420, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    Come here to Southern FL where u will shower a minimum of 3 times a day, feel your clothing stick to your body, scratch many mosquito bites, burn your skin to a pre-cancerous level, need to wear short sleeves, leave the a/c on 24/7, get sick from a/c blasting in your face when u walk into a store...and that's just in the winter

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I second this.  I live in the Charlotte area of NC and frequent Myrtle during the summer.  
    Also, winter still sucks in Myrtle..very cold.

8. I'm in PA right now, and I hate the cold weather. I'm from Arizona, and I really took for granted how wonderful the environment is where I grew up. Its fucking beautiful, and even when it gets ungodly hot, it's comfortable as long as I have water and shade.

I've acclaimed somewhat--I used to think that 60s was "chilly," 50s was "cold," and I now can walk around in shorts in the 40s.

But I still hate the cold.