Anyone else in the south ready for the snow?

Discussion in 'General' started by bspot123, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #81 Doc-J, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    You northerners are kind of funny too. You think because you deal with snow all the time it is impossible for other areas to have a major weather event. States in the south do not prepare like the north. Honestly it is almost a waste to do so because parts of the south may get a serious winter storm once every ten years. Also snow fall totals do not show the effects of icing, which is common in the south due to the fact that most of the time it comes as rain, then sleet, then snow. You can get all the snow you want each year, but when your trying to drive on iced, untreated roads, the results are going to be the same in Maine or Georgia. Ive lived in several southern states, and now live in Colorado. As far as my safety, i would rather be in Colorado with a foot of powder than Alabama with two inches of a horrible ice/slush/snow sandwich on the roads.

2. Still without power in south eastern North Carolina....

It's so cold inside my house I can see my breath.. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392349023.475923.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392349037.560244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #83 Cereal Killer, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    I must be under the snow dome! :p

Hope your power is up and running soon bspot!