Anyone else in the south ready for the snow?

Discussion in 'General' started by bspot123, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #61 Boson-H, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. we have 76 inches of snow so far this year and 8-12 on the way with 2 more storms after that...im actually starting to get worried cause it sucks bad as it is

3. #63 bspot123, Feb 1, 2014
    [quote name="puds" post="19444070" timestamp="1391214643"][​IMG][/quote]You do know it was because of the ice right? There were major accidents, people got seriously hurt. The south isn't equipped with supplies to handle winter weather. The governor of Georgia had to apologize to the public for how he has handled the situation following the events. Bottom line is the south doesn't get the kind of weather that it experienced this week. There aren't as many salt trucks, heating centers, chains on tires, etc to handle ice! People should know better not to go out however it happens. The national guard has handled the situation pretty well. This will definitely be a lesson to the south and the states leaders.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Not here now more!!!  After my husband rolled my truck into the ditch yesterday on the 1/2 inch of ice yesterday it decided to melt off today

5. #65 CMGarcia55, Feb 1, 2014
    I was waiting for snow in Houston but never got any. I got my hopes up for nothing (again) and it happens every year.

6. [quote name="CMGarcia55" post="19444400" timestamp="1391218473"]I was waiting for snow in Houston but never got any. I got my hopes up for nothing (again) and it happens every year.[/quote]Thought I saw that Houston got some ice? Maybe, or some freezing rain?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #67 CMGarcia55, Feb 1, 2014

I think we got ice. I live outside of Houston so I'm not too sure but we did get a letter in the mail saying that some workplaces are closed and we should call to make sure.

8. #68 Boson-H, Feb 1, 2014
    Don't worry my friend, you don't have to tell me. I know more details than you can imagine, seeing as meteorology is my passion. I know exactly how the south handles it - having lived in the south for the 2nd half of my life. i live in NC and got the exact same storm system. NC had the roads brined 2 full days before the storm, and school was closed since tuesday, before any snow had even fallen. anyways, it turns out most people probably should have heeded the NWS WSW that had been in effect, and not went in to work and school that day. but they did...and they felt the consequences. i understand that it really sucks though, see other posts i've made in this thread about it. in fact, my grandmother was in traffic for 7.5 hours trying to get to alpharetta. 

so excuse my apparently morbid sense of humor.

9. [quote name="puds" post="19444650" timestamp="1391221083"]Don't worry my friend, you don't have to tell me. I know more details than you can imagine, seeing as meteorology is my passion. I know exactly how the south handles it - having lived in the south for the 2nd half of my life. i live in NC and got the exact same storm system. NC had the roads brined 2 full days before the storm, and school was closed since tuesday, before any snow had even fallen. anyways, it turns out most people probably should have heeded the NWS WSW that had been in effect, and not went in to work and school that day. but they did...and they felt the consequences. i understand that it really sucks though, see other posts i've made in this thread about it. in fact, my grandmother was in traffic for 7.5 hours trying to get to alpharetta. so excuse my apparently morbid sense of humor.[/quote]I don't really know what you're trying to get at, your tone is odd. I've lived in NC my entire life so I think I know the south pretty well too. I was just trying to say the national guard was necessary in some places. The south got hit pretty hard by this storm due to some places not being prepared.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Shit, it's coming down here?
    That'd be an amazing miracle to see snow in 80 degree Floridian humidity. 

11. Everyone ready for round 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Im from Canada. Please, just take some of our snow.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392158426.921983.jpg

14. Shit's cray... Hardly any snow in Iowa this year, and it's about to snow in the south.. 

15. We getting hit pretty hard here in fountain inn sc. A foot of snow and ice is expected. We under a state of emergency.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392224235.612150.jpg

17. Southern VA here. Nothing falling yet. I'm supposed to go to work in an hour and I'm not sure if I should. Hmmmm

18. Fuck winter it should never be this cold in the south

Who Dat!

19. You Southerners are a hoot! You get six measly little inches of snow and you act like an ice age is upon you. Meanwhile, in Vermont, they're predicting eighteen to twenty inches throughout Thursday into Friday morning. 

20. You mean New England is cold in the winter?! :eek:

No snow here in KY, in fact it's a pretty nice forty degrees right about now :D