Anyone else in the south ready for the snow?

Discussion in 'General' started by bspot123, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #41 squidrick420, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    I totally see the bias in my statement haha. I just get annoyed by it is all because when I need to go do stuff I have to consider how many people here have no clue what they are doing, even some of the locals, and that is what puts me in danger, not the weather. I am also referring only to here in the smokey mountains when I say this about drivers. I get that the rest of the south doesn't get snow as often as we do and it is bad when it does. Idk, I am super bias against non-mountain drivers in general because after living here my whole life I forget that some people aren't used to windy roads that go up and down several thousand feet lol. Too many Florida drivers have died here. Idk where this stoned rant is going anymore lol

2. [quote name="El Duderino" post="19418253" timestamp="1390866402"]Houston is supposed too get sleet and freezing rain(ice?), maybe a little snow, though unlikely. it will be like a low of 25-28 so when the rain comes, its gonna ice over the bridges. last friday, i had ice all over my car, the roads. i didnt work last friday, and i wont be working tomorrow. [/quote]I just moved up to Tyler a couple of weeks ago from Houston. 17 degrees, sleet, and snow, man am I cold lol. I've never wished for that humid Houston air so much ha. "Picture you and me in a cabin by the sea, sit up on the porch and we can burn a couple trees."

Attached Files:

3. [quote name="squidrick420" post="19430180" timestamp="1391026641"]I totally see the bias in my statement haha. I just get annoyed by it is all because when I need to go do stuff I have to consider how many people here have no clue what they are doing, even some of the locals, and that is what puts me in danger, not the weather. I am also referring only to here in the smokey mountains when I say this about drivers. I get that the rest of the south doesn't get snow as often as we do and it is bad when it does. Idk, I am super bias against non-mountain drivers in general because after living here my whole life I forget that some people aren't used to windy roads that go up and down several thousand feet lol. Too many Florida drivers have died here. Idk where this stoned rant is going anymore lol[/quote]lol no worries man! I'm on the coast of NC and we neverrr see snow. Dude schools have been closed since yesterday and are closed for tomorrow! If I was a kid id be so happy. I guess they're worried about the ice. I live about ten minutes from the beach so it mostly iced here. It's cool to see some snow though. It melted some but it probably will refreeze since it'll be about 20 tonight. All that's missing is some green. I'm so fucking tired of not having a connect. Enjoy your tokin!

4. Have you guys seen the worldstar video in Atlanta, everyone is crashing into each other lmao! South aint ready for this.

5. [quote name="KushMastaFlex" post="19430385" timestamp="1391028685"]Have you guys seen the worldstar video in Atlanta, everyone is crashing into each other lmao! South aint ready for this.[/quote] I haven't, I'll have to check it out. I don't know why people down here are trying to drive in this?? People in my city can't drive when it's sunny out let alone when there's snow!My city was ranked #1 worst drivers in NC. I believe it.

6. Turns out it wasnt all that funny...my grandmother was stuck in traffic for 7 hours, then ran out of gas smack dab in th emiddle of the highway. hundreds of kids were stuck on buses til 4AM (thats over 12 hours) with no bathroom, food, water...a baby was born in the middle of it too.  i cant imagine having to sit in traffic for 8+ hours. insanely poor planning.

7. Here in Fayetteville we got 4.2" of snow on top of .5-.75" of ice. Roads were still bad when i went to take my gf to work at 2. supposed to get down to 8 tonight. the storm was a slight bust for us though. it was originally looking like we were in the sweet spot for 6-8", even RDU was looking at 4-6" RDU only finished with 1.5". FAY 4.2". CLT 0.5", GSO 0.5", HKY 2". PGV did pretty well though again, I think they got 7" and Kinston cashed in with 9". The low pressure trended way west and the dry air fucked up our QPF totals. then of course no one expected it to be sleet falling when the temp was 21. Disappointing, but I'll take my 4" and run. 

What's funny is GFS and ECMWF hinting at another ice storm sometime next week for all the same areas, including ATL, CLT and RDU. But after how they handled this current system...idk. They had it sniffed out for the past 10 days, so they id well on recognizing the pattern...but it totally overdid the QPF.

8. We got like 1 inch. Maybe less. It was cool nonetheless.

9. Have already got here in Topsail Island NC, am fixing to go to the beach and build myself a snowman on the beach looking out over the ocean!!!!

10. [quote name="MissBaracuta" post="19430490" timestamp="1391029705"]Have already got here in Topsail Island NC, am fixing to go to the beach and build myself a snowman on the beach looking out over the ocean!!!![/quote]I'm in Wilmington and the snow is too hard here to make a snowman or anything. Pretty much just Ice here. To the west a bit was mostly snow. They thought this storm was going to be bigger. It's a good thing though, the south isn't prepped for this sort of weather.

11. Yeah I have never actually been out to the East Coast of NC before but I hear its pretty cool out there. The furthest east in NC I have been is Charlotte haha. But yeah, my college classes have been cancelled for two days now and I am not happy because of how fast my calculus class moves, this is putting us two sections behind :eek:

12. Haha that pic is gold! Reminds me of the earthquake on the east coast a few years back :laughing:

[​IMG]
    No snow here in KY at the moment, actually! Though we've had a bit over the past few weeks, but nothing crazy or anything :confused_2:  could definitely do without those temps in the negatives though!

13. Hahaha oh my gosh I never saw that earthquake picture! That right there is gold.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. [quote name="squidrick420" post="19430565" timestamp="1391030459"]Yeah I have never actually been out to the East Coast of NC before but I hear its pretty cool out there. The furthest east in NC I have been is Charlotte haha. But yeah, my college classes have been cancelled for two days now and I am not happy because of how fast my calculus class moves, this is putting us two sections behind :eek:[/quote]Oh god I hated calc. I failed it. Can't deal with math, I'm so bad at it. Yeah they cancelled classes at the college here too. You definitely gotta visit the coast! It's pretty chill over here. The beaches are nice. I've been here all my life, so I'm ready to leave. I was in Charlotte for a while for school. It's nice over there.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Hahaha what city are you from? I saw earlier you're from SE NC, we can't be too far apart

16. Wilmington, what about you?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. [quote name="Cereal Killer" post="19430660" timestamp="1391031629"]Haha that pic is gold! Reminds me of the earthquake on the east coast a few years back :laughing:[​IMG]No snow here in KY at the moment, actually! Though we've had a bit over the past few weeks, but nothing crazy or anything :confused_2: could definitely do without those temps in the negatives though![/quote]Ahaha every state needs their sarcastic asshole memes lol. "Picture you and me in a cabin by the sea, sit up on the porch and we can burn a couple trees."

18. Haha KY needs a blizzard one! Dumbasses here act like they've never seen snow before :laughing: I don't get it. It's Kentucky, not Hawaii, we get snow every year!

19. I work at a campground full time so I say F the snow lol. In FL btwSent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Schools in my area have been closed since Tuesday and are closed tomorrow! We got about .50 of ice so you can't drive on the roads. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 50 so hopefully it will finally melt. I needed to take my dog to the vet hospital last night cause he got a hold of some sleeping medicine. But we couldn't get on the roads! Needless to say my dog had a good time last night. It has a paradoxical affect on dogs. He was so hyper, and was looking around like he was seeing things. I was worried but he's fine today!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum