Anyone else in the south ready for the snow?

Discussion in 'General' started by bspot123, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #21 TinTizzy, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014

thats just a drift they probably live right by an open field...most it its blocked by trees and buildings or just 2-3 ft drifts..everything's plowed down to the road just 10ft mounds of snow everywhere..running out of parking spots

2. My entire county has 2 salt trucks... and this aint a small county, we've got a shit load of back country roads. This is hell on the DOT around here. My classes were cancelled today and tomorrow.

3. Startin to come down on the NC/SC line.... shittttttttttt. Commence to going and getting more beer.

4. Started here about 2. Just flurries so far. I'm in the lower part if greenville county sc. Hope we get what is expected. 1-3" but we probably wont. Everyone stay safe.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

5. I use to live close to the nc/sc line in travelers rest sc. Would go to asheville, hendersonville and brevard a good bit.

6. What part of sc?

7. I live about an hour from Florence on the NC side

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390947220.443355.jpg starting to accumulate!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. closest city to me is florence

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390952252.469424.jpg icing here in southeastern NC. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Lol at those pic...looks like you guys are getting barely a dusting.

12. #32 bspot123, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    [quote name="notime4schwag" post="19424960" timestamp="1390953382"]Lol at those pic...looks like you guys are getting barely a dusting.[/quote]It's called the beginning. It just started..They're calling for up to half an inch of ice here. Looking pretty bad.

13. #33 Sour Kush, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    I hate the snow. I don't mind the cold, but ice and snow I hate. The lack of them are two of the many reasons I love living in Alabama. I'm stranded out tonight. I left work at 11 AM today. I didn't get to where I'm staying for the night until 6 PM. My boss and I are staying with a random family tonight to stay warm. It doesn't appear that I'll be able to get home tomorrow either. The roads are a mess here in my area. All roads are either closed or impassible. I work about 2 hours away from home and It took me until 6 PM to arrive where I'm staying for the night. Luckily, I brought my Chillum and a few dank bowls of Lemon Skunk to work with me. I've been taking walks and enjoying the scenery while toking. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Trust me, it's a big deal down here.

15. Hahahahah!!(From Canada)(Can't see out the front window)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. If I ever got a serious snow where I live you all would be in serious trouble.  The last time it snowed here was 1977, I'd post a picture of what winter looks like here but I don't want to piss anyone off.

17. Here in the Great Smokey Mountains of Western NC we are getting hit hard. The extra elevation compared to the rest of the eastern seaboard is making a big difference. Not to mention all the clouds being trapped by the tall peaks here are keeping the snow somewhat isolated.

Good thing I love snow!!!!

18. It's steady heavy sleet where I am. Some snow mixed in. I say we have about .25 a Inch of ice and maybe half an inch of snow. The ice is what's going to create problems.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I love how most people in the south freak out over a little snow storm, even here in WNC people think its the apocalypse and somehow can't drive in it, but in reality this is nothing compared to what they get up north multiple times a winter lol. It is so annoying to be driving in weather like this where you totally know how to handle the ice and snow (even in my Buick century!) and then some ass hole comes along driving like it never snowed in the first place and then they have to try and dodge me trying to go slow and stay alive and they end up crashing into a tree or something. It happens a lot, but then again, these people are usually from either South Carolina or Tennessee and don't understand the combined arts of mountain driving and snow driving.

Anyways here is pic taken out my window today about 1:40 PM, and one from yesterday on the home from college driving down I-40 the snow is starting to melt and it is really sunny haha. It is also under 20 degrees!  :bongin:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. [quote name="squidrick420" post="19429729" timestamp="1391021453"]I love how most people in the south freak out over a little snow storm, even here in WNC people think its the apocalypse and somehow can't drive in it, but in reality this is nothing compared to what they get up north multiple times a winter lol. It is so annoying to be driving in weather like this where you totally know how to handle the ice and snow (even in my Buick century!) and then some ass hole comes along driving like it never snowed in the first place and then they have to try and dodge me trying to go slow and stay alive and they end up crashing into a tree or something. It happens a lot, but then again, these people are usually from either South Carolina or Tennessee and don't understand the combined arts of mountain driving and snow driving.Anyways here is pic taken out my window today about 1:40 PM, and one from yesterday on the home from college driving down I-40 the snow is starting to melt and it is really sunny haha. It is also under 20 degrees! :bongin:[​IMG][​IMG][/quote]the reason that happens is because the south never gets snow. It is a big deal because the south doesn't have the proper equipment to handle the snow. It's a bit ignorant to make a comment like that. You can't expect someone to know how to drive well on ice or snow if they never have done it before. You really want an inexperienced school bus driver taking your kids to school on ice and snow?Anyways where I am I'd say we got about 3 inches of snow with a bunch of ice. Less than they were calling for but it's pretty. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391025756.498973.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum