Anyone else ignore political threads after seeing political discussion in this forum?

Discussion in 'General' started by fatblunts9-5-4, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Cause peoples opinions on politics are thier own and I respect them, but I cant accept an opinion that I see to be wrong, and boy, you guys are owe-pin-yun-ated, so I decided to keep away awhile ago. I dont need to have ebattles. I just dont need it in my elife (yes I said that and yes you have one), its in my real life enough. But we are marijuana smokers and/or drug users, we arent conventional, we have our opinions and we search for validation and approval just like going beyond the conventional way of mind alteration

2. Yup, too tiring for me.

3. cosign..

it usually ends up being ruined by a few people who can't debate without breaking down into insults or calling people out.

4. Exactly.

5. the people who post Facepalms need to be banned for atleast a day for that shit, when you post one of those, your basically saying I think your a retard, but I am going to post some more retarded shit to put my point across.

6. Yes, but not because I can't "accept an opinion that I see to be wrong", that is just silly.

I avoid it because there are a shit ton of people that don't know dick about what they are talking about and it's frustrating.

7. [​IMG]

8. Actually, I can't keep myself out of them... but I'm sure everyone knows that by now. :) I guess it's just cause politics is something I feel very strongly about. If someone voices a certain view that I don't agree with, I can't help but explain myself... it's just the way I am. It's not that I have a problem accepting other people's opinions, it's just that I feel like my opinion is as good as anyone else's.

A lot of people on here let political discussions get way too personal and out of hand, calling each other names and making immature attacks. But I've never let it get me that pissed off... to me, every debate on here is friendly. At the end of the day, I'm going to believe what I want to believe and you're going to believe what you want to believe. Isn't that the whole point of politics anyway?

I realize there are a lot of people who have no clue what they're talking about and just come into these threads to make ignorant statements. I usually either ignore them completely, or tell them in very simple terms why they're wrong. Their stupidity doesn't get me frustrated, I guess cause I've seen so much of it in the real world.

But I'm a pretty easy-going person. I can understand why someone might let a political discussion set them off, or why someone would rather just not participate at all... that's why I think GrassCity needs to add a "Politics" section, but from what I've heard SJ doesn't like that idea.

9. poodog313, thanks for proving my point for me

10. Yeah, I try to steer clear

"Obama is going to be president"
    "Nuh uh, people are racist, they won't vote for him"
    "Well the Illuminati will never let it happen and Bush will engineer another false flag operation to ensure his presidency for another four years"

And then good luck trying to debate that last remark

11. [​IMG]

12. You can accept that Obama is a so called terrorist and will be the bringer of the apocalypse because the bible said so? I cant accept that nonsense and I dont even support any of the current candidates. And this is why I should hav avoided this thread lol.

13. i like them. I debate constantly in real life, why not online. i enjoy hearing other peoples opinions and laugh at those who dont know what they are talking about. I personally hate politics but its such an important part of society i find the need to become knowledgeable on the subject.

14. One of the funniest things I remember on this forum, politically speaking, was the day of a huge primary in a bunch of big states including California and all these people who had been pimping Ron Paul sooo hard and were all about the election process came online and had forgotten to vote.

15. yeah, its pretty pointless. And CosmicSerpent, I like that part on the ignorance of the world. I have noticed this as well and i put it like so:
    I would probably be MORE surprised if there was less stupidity in this world.

Would i like there to be less? of course. But lets not forget, id be more SURPRISED if it was the other way around....

And yes, i stay out of political threads because they all are pretty much the same. BUT, I do venture into them for a source of comic relief from time to time ;)

To each his own. If you like poli threads, go ahead, post up.

16. Don't even give them a second thought.

17. [​IMG]

18. I feel you man!! I've been here for like 2 1/2 months now I'm learned to just stay out of them!! Out of the forums dealing with race issues also!! It's just tiring really and you already have shit going on in your life/the real world so you def. don't wanna get on a damn forum and argue with someone you'll never see/fight/or kill for that matter in your whole life ya kno!!