Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else having trouble getting high from hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by noiss, Nov 8, 2010.

1. #1 noiss, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    Heya GC. Quick question.

Anybody else have trouble getting high from hash? I'm a newb that has only been toking on average maybe 1-2 times a week for a year and a half. I don't need much weed at all to get high as balls, but when it comes to hash I never seem to get anything more than a really really mellow head high. For instance, two nights ago I smoked three joints with my friend (we were only 2) and hardly felt anything yet he got high. I guess it could be that he got lucky with the hits and I didn't but it wouldn't explain all the other times this has happened to me. We were doing about 4-5 burns per jay (whatever that equates to in grams) so it should have been more than enough.

Anybody else get this? What could it be? It's not that the hash is bad either since people I smoke with tend to get high even when I don't. It really really sucks considering where I'm from it's quite difficult to get hold of good weed. People deal nearly exclusively with hash here.

Thanks beforehand :smoke:

Edit* Just realized now after I typed this. Could it just be that I get a very different high from smoking hash? Cause I still get slight memory lapses and a little slow from the stuff, just no sensation at all apart from the occasional head high. Could it be that all the hash I've smoked has been crappy stuff? Except I don't see why others around me get high from it then... Ahhh.

2. hash is a different high. It's more of a body high i'd say. You feel really nice and loose, almost heavy. You'll laugh more. It's something else.

3. Great description. Last time I smoked some hash I had no problem feeling high.

4. To describe the high hash gives just sounds ridiculous. It depends on the type of hash and what weed was used to make it. Hash should be multiple times more potent than it's weight in herb so the fact that it's not really affecting you leads me to believe the hash is straight garbage or you aren't doing something right. I am more of an oil guy though and I make everything myself. I rarely buy hash because it's usually just some nasty resin looking block and I can't tell what's in it or how it was made.

5. Only stuff I've ever done kinda looks like this (I've no clue what good hash should look like):
    [​IMG]

Don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Unless you would for some reason smoke it differently than weed which I highly doubt.