Anyone Else Have No Friends And Prefer It?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Tastytrichomes, Jun 12, 2013.

1. #1 Tastytrichomes, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    i used to have a lot of friends, but i eventually came to the conclusion that, since you are only there for yourself in the end, it can be a good decision to solely live for yourself in the moment. through time, i have lost a lot of close friends because people change. not everyone is someone you can ultimately trust either. i consider the abundance of people i associate myself with acquaintances and nothing more. not out of negativity but rather personal gain

of course it's nice to have people you can rely on. however, i believe it's more important to truly focus on yourself and not the relationships you are "entitled" to participate in. i feel total mental clarity and independence when i have less potential outlets to depend on (aside from family)

this is more of my personal philosophy. just looking to see if anyone feels the same or similar. follow your heart

2. naw dude, i love my friends! but to each his own!

3. Me. I generally hate people.

4. #4 Tastytrichomes, Jun 12, 2013

be yourself and the people who really value you for it will become more apparent. it will drown out the negative influences of others

5. #5 Tree Of Life, Jun 12, 2013
    I know what you mean man! I'd call a lot of the people I know acquaintances as opposed to friends. I used to hang out with a group of 'friends' all the time, I guess I just haven't found any good ones that I can trust and things of that nature. A lot of people are only 'in it for themselves' and I don't play that shit. Either everything about you is as real as it gets or I don't want anything to do with you. Know what I mean?

6. When you come across people you can trust take them in as friends till they disprove you..but everyone else can f off I don't need ya.. once they prove you wrong write them off

7. Dude, whatever floats ya boat...but reading between the lines their..... I'd see a doc, in your shoes, after all what you doing here...?

8. I don't have the energy to maintain personal relationships with many people. 
    Besides my wife I have 2 close friends that I see maybe once a month.
    I have a large group of acquaintances, AKA: All my wife's friends and their spouses. 
    If I could cut out 50% of the acquaintances I would.
    People drive me up the fucking wall.

i see what you're saying, although i think you meant "prove you wrong" as in disrespect you. not the same thing. no one needs to prove anything to anyone for any reason. if you're shown the ways of your misdirection, you should embrace it

the people you associate with the most are mirror reflections of yourself. if people disrespect you or irritate you, that is what they are capable of, but you allow that to happen. it works this way as well: when you distance yourself from an abundance of personal relationships, you are more yourself and not mirror images of other people as well. get what i mean?

sometimes the best way to understand who is really there for you, and wants to be positive, genuine, and supportive, is to take a step back from all the social activity that progresses these relationships to have a more objective view. those who really care will come through and those who don't will make it more apparent

well put..... you are wise young jedi.    :smoke:

11. I've never really thought about it like that.

12. and no i meant "prove me wrong".. people prove themselves everyday and i know I need to prove to myself everyday that I can do it...that is endure so what eve.

just follow your heart my dude

14. the more I post on here the funnier it gets "you people are great" yes I said "you people".

15. i see what you're saying, although i think you meant "prove you wrong" as in disrespect you. not the same thing. no one needs to prove anything to anyone for any reason. if you're shown the ways of your misdirection, you should embrace it

the people you associate with the most are mirror reflections of yourself. if people disrespect you or irritate you, that is what they are capable of, but you allow that to happen. it works this way as well: when you distance yourself from an abundance of personal relationships, you are more yourself and not mirror images of other people as well. get what i mean?

sometimes the best way to understand who is really there for you, and wants to be positive, genuine, and supportive, is to take a step back from all the social activity that progresses these relationships to have a more objective view. those who really care will come through and those who don't will make it more apparent
    </blockquote>Like someone else said never thought about it like that, really has me thinking.

Sent from my 5860E using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I'm unsociable and im happy for being one.....

17. I chill wit people maybe once or twice a week, I like gettin' time 2 myself always

18. #18 Tastytrichomes, Jun 12, 2013
    life is an experience of dualism. masculine and feminine. aggressive and passive. yang and ying

when you truly act as yourself, you will find the right balance. sometimes your relationships with others can cloud your perspective, especially if they aren't the most stable or do not create positive influences

in my eyes, the human is aggressive. it's the animal, but it's also capable of incredible passive feelings such as compassion, empathy, understanding, and love. when you really analyze yourself, you learn to create good balance

19. Nope i care about no one but myself.

20. Don't you think that's taking it a bit far? What about your family? There has to be someone you care about and I'm sure there's people that care about you whether you choose to acknowlage it or not.