Anyone else have MoviePass?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by lessthanjeezy, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Hey Blades,

So for those of you don't know, a service called moviepass dropped their price from $50 a month to $10 a month, and with some restrictions (Can't see a movie more than once, no 3D movies, only one movie per day, and a ticket allotment per day that can make seeing movies opening weekend difficult) - none of those really mattered to me as I tend to see movies after they have been out a week or two so I decided to give it a shot.

So I got my card on Saturday and decided to try it out yesterday. Basically, when you sign up, they mail you a MasterCard Debit card with your name on it, you go to the theater, open the app, check in to the movie you want to see (for me IT last night at 5:00) I clicked check in, it said great, you have 30 minutes to "purchase" your ticket. At that point, walked up to the cashier, said I need one ticket to IT at 5:00, she swiped the card that I was mailed, handed me my ticket and off I went to enjoy the movie. My brother got his last week and has already seen 4 movies with it, all for just a $10 a month subscription.

Full disclosure, the day before they dropped the price from $50 to $10 they were bought out by a data firm, so expect your email/phone number to get some spam, but for me that is worth the low cost to go see as many movies as I would like, and considering the fact my info has already been sold between Google, Facebook etc.

2. Used my moviepass a second time yesterday and worked great again, saw Spiderman Homecoming since I didn't get around to seeing that, and I think it was probably my favorite Spiderman movie

3. Used my moviepass a third time this weekend to see Kingsman: The Golden Circle, definitely an entertaining and fun movie...Love this moviepass card.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. So far since I started using my moviepass card on september 18th, I have seen IT, Hitman's Bodyguard, Spiderman, Kingsman the Golden Circle and American Made, all for just $10. I will probably see at least another movie or two before the 18th bringing it to 6 or 7 movies for $10, definitely going to get my monies worth with this card

5. Well looks like my ride with Moviepass is coming to an end, got some good use out of it since last September but now there have been two separate days where their app was down and you couldn't see movies. Oh well, had a good run. Now probably will go to AMC A list

6. I don't think we have moviepass here. I liked those Kingsman movies lol they are good. Which one is your favorite?

~Toni~

7. Are you in the US? I am pretty sure it is across the US, but some places will have limited theaters. Unfortunately the service is starting to have a lot of problems though, but AMC released their own version, $20 a month for 3 movies per week, up to 12 movies a month if you have AMC's near you and go to the movies a lot!

I would say my favorite Kingsmen movie was the first one, that church scene is just amazing. But I really loved the second one too

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Yeah I usually have a couple hours to kill after work or on the weekends so I would use those times. I averaged seeing about 5 movies a month with the card for 10 months, so about 50 movies for $100 aint bad at all

9. Yea we live in the U.S lol I love it here.

I work at a movie theatre and we go to see movies a lot lol maybe I will ask my man to get it.

Lol you right they both are cool I am hoping they come out with another!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. We only have one theater for a while, and while it takes it, the public transit and summer traffic make it impossible to do anything.

Sent from my [SG s9+] using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ah gotcha, yeah if it was a hassle at all for me to get to the movies I doubt I would go as often. I live in the burbs and closest theater to me is about 15 minutes so easy for me to just pop over if I have some free time

12. Yeah, exactly. It's a 20 minute drive during winter. Up to 45 during summer, and via bus is 2 hours.

Sent from my [SG s9+] using Grasscity Forum mobile app