Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else have memory problems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hypnotix, Apr 26, 2013.

1. The last time I smoked was about 1 month ago for a week straight and I hardly remember anything from that time.

Last week my girlfriend wanted to watch a movie and put on identity thief because apparently we watched the trailer and I wanted to see it. Well I must have been high because I don't remember watching the trailer at all and that movie is shit.

Even when I haven't smoked in a while like now I am forgetful. My dad gave me £10 to buy him something at the shop, then about an hour later I found £10 in my pocket thinking :D and I asked my step mum if it was hers then my dad came back and said have you been to the shop yet.

2. Can't say I have. if i smoke for an extended period of time ill forget shit when im high but when im sober i dont. Come to think of it. I hardly ever forget stuff when im high now. I guess i subconsciously trained myself to remember when im high. I always learn when im high

3. Dude I can't even...what?

4. lol you know how when you're high it's hard for you to form sentences? Like you talk and forget what you're talking about? I get that kinda sometimes when I'm sober. But it's not like... bad imo.

5. I get that a lot of the time when sober lately. Like I'm trying to find a word to finish my sentence and I just sit there thinking while the other person just stares. lmao.

Its starting to annoy me though.

6. I get that, but only when I'm trying to talk to someone one while I'm on unmentionables ;)

7. You can say the same for alcohol. When people get wasted, they do things they swear they never did the next morning. I only notice I have memory loss about the times when I'm high. Like a few days later when I'm sober, I'll look back and be like "What did I do Friday night when I was stoned?" and I can't remember. I don't notice any memory loss when I'm sober, though. Weed doesn't really affect me once the high is gone. Or maybe it does, but I just haven't stopped using it long enough to notice a different. Of course, forgetting insignificant details about your life is a good thing, because it allows for more important memories and information to form neuropaths in your brain. This is actually a really good argument people use for the benefits of marijuana. It helps your brain to forget insignificant details that take up space in your brain. Your brain can only remember so much. Who wants to remember all the faces you saw at the grocery store or the cockroach you saw in your garage this morning? Weed eliminates useless information like that from your brain. Although it goes both ways. You sometimes forget things that are important like stuff you learned in school or like what you said about your dad wanting you to pick up stuff from the store.

8. You can get short-term memory loss when smoking a bit much. I used to smoke an eighth to a quarter every day in summer and i dont remember shit... its scary lol

9. If you experience memory loss when sober, I would probably lay off the weed, at least until you figure out what's going on.

10. #10 stonedman, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    I have severe memory loss.i have trouble remembering things, I tell stories over and over, and I have difficulty concentrating when someone speaks to me. As much as I hate to admit it, its definitely from the pot xD I highly doubt my memory will ever be the same but I don't regret a thing.

11. maybe u ppl are just forgetfull. you know like alot of people.

12. If its interesting to me i remember it but if not then i usually dont..whether im high or not

13. happens to me too.. annyoing

14. sorry what was the question? ;)

15. My memory was bad before I started smoking. Now when I am buzzed my long term memory gets sharper when remembering the past. At the same time, my short term memory goes haywire. Meaning, if I was trying to remember something when I was sober, and I drew a blank, when I get high it pops up. However, if I don't write it down or insert it into a conversation, when sober I completely forget that I remembered. Sorry. Been smoking.

16. I can't remember.

17. The best is when you lose your train of thought and then they space out. It becomes two stoned people staring at a wall in silence

18. Yea it's better when it happens with 2 stoned people. That moment when you give the mutual "fuck it" and move on. Lol

19. No I can't say I have that problem. The only effect on my memory cannabis has, is the immediate short term memory loss, for example being in the middle of a sentence, a slight pause can make me forget what I was talking about. In general though my memory is fine, in fact I've been told on several occasions I have excellent memory.

20. I used to get the short term memory stuff with weed but it never lasted beyond the high, and I don't get it anymore. Probably just my mind getting used to the effects of THC