Anyone else have a service dog?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by brokedownpalace, Aug 3, 2016.

1. I have a service dog named Ruger, he is a German Shepherd and is task trained to alert to anxiety and panic, he does crowd control (moving around me when told) and he also picks up things I drop. He can retrieve medicine and water for me and can lead me out of situations I need help with. He also checks corners for me when told and has a cue for getting help from another person if I need it.

He's my best buddy, and has saved my life more than once.

Anyone else have a service dog or an emotional support animal?

• Like Like x 1
  2. i want to get the papers for it so i can bring my dog with me...alot of places are pretty anal about that.
    she is spoiled and lazy and i take care of her so she wouldnt really be a good service dog but she is a pretty good emotional support animal. i bring her with me to work sometimes and i always enjoy having her with me. shes a sweet girl

3. yeahhhhh... thats actually a felony, to get fake service dog papers. Please don't do that. Its the same as using a cane for the blind if you aren't blind. It's against the law and unethical.

4. i dont know...i guess i understand the symbolism, but if you wanna walk around with a cane like that, you shouldnt be fined....and the thing is, whatever standards and situations is particular to you, causing/allowing you to have a service dog with you wherever you go. which is great! i will see a service dog from time to time and they are beautiful looking dogs, not just in appearance but in their stature, you can see the pride they have in themselves. i would always want to pet one and say hi but their owners are mean whenever i tried before lol
    but yea i think everyone should be allowed to bring their dog everywhere they want
    they should make it a law that says if its 80 or hotter out you can so you dont have to leave your dog in the car
    we went to toys r us a couple months ago to get one of my kids a doll. i was selling a puppy later on in the day so i had one with me. its like 100 out so i took her inside and the manager kicked us out just when my duaghter picked her duaghter. fucking asshole

5. I don't officially but my dog helps me when I have anxiety and get frightened from my PTSD. He just knows when I need support, and most times when I don't want anyone to touch me he will know too and stay just three feet away and lie on the floor, and bark when someone gets near. I don't know how he learned, he just gradually did it. He's my rel best friend, we are so in touch with each other vibrationally and always know what the other is feeling.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm looking into getting a service dog to help and warn me when I might faint for fall and to have for mobility support and dizziness. I have no idea how to go about this tho. Especially because I have an undiagnosed chronic illness. Been having fainting spells for years. Now I'm 18 and gonna be on my own, I'd feel a lot safer with my own medical detector by my side and of course for the furry friend love lol.
    Any advice on how I would start to go about this?

Sent from my 0PM92 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I hope none you get service dogs, you don't understand what they are for. A pet is fine for PTSD at home. Keep your pets at home

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yeah my dog is not a service dog. He is very emotionally in tune with me and he helps comfort me like a best friend. My PTSD was so bad a few years ago I was in the beginning steps of getting another dog to become an official licensed service dog to take everywhere for me but I didn't want one because my dog was not docile enough to pass and I can not get another dog. Lol instead I started meditating and smoking pot

I know what service dogs are, and I know what they aren't. I hope I-and anyone else who doesn't have one-never needs to get a service dog as well.

9. Get a dog first and then you register him to become certified to become a licensed legal service dog second. Your dog must be obedient to everything you say-the first time you say it-and extremely docile. It cannot be protective of you(my dog failed in this aspect), because they don't want the dog to bark at people to stay away from you or biting people.

If you Google the question, last I remember there were a couple guides and websites that will help you. Breeds like labs and German shepards are great.

10. i think anyone should be able to bring their dog where ever they want.
    why should some people be allowed to nring their dogs with them just because the goverment says they can?
    if they are able to, the establishment must allow them to....what difference does it matter at that point?

11. I think making an animal watch out for your well being is unethical. Yeah, if an animal wants to be around you because it just wants to is fine. But picking out a living being, and training it to perform tasks at your command is no better than owning a slave. But that slave can't speak people, so I guess it's ok.

12. *mind explosion*

Bro I have never thought of it that way
    That is a very good view

What if the animal doesn't like it bit they do it because that's what they have to do??

My dog hates a lot of things but he does them(or doesn't do them) because he knows I want him to, and he loves me and I love him so we both sacrifice for each other.

What if somebody made my dog be a service dog? He would hate it and I would seriously beat them!!

13. I think the both of you are idiots, you think that training a dog is any different or just picking one out, it's the same,
    this isn't the place for your Peta animal love triangle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I have a friend who's kid has a support rabbit. The rabbit goes everywhere and if the kid gets stressed a few minutes rubbing the rabbit chills things out.

15. Ima train a service alligator that will bite the shit outta those he senses entitlement in.

Service dogs are a testament to the greatest animals on earth and how great they are. Rabbits maybe a close second?