anyone else have a hard time getting over the first person they loved?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by potthesmoke, Mar 11, 2009.

1. i did. theres this girl that i met 5 years ago whom i dated until she moved overseas the same year that i met her...it sounds pathetic but she's been hard to get over because it seems she's the one other person to make me feel 100% happy. after she left we decided to always be friends in case we got another chance so we exchange emails from time to time but about a year ago she came up for a visit and stayed with some of her relatives and we got to hang out and talk. at the time she told me she had a bf so like a stupid fuck i respected that and held back from making a move on her or even telling her how much i'd missed her but the night before she left she told me over the phone that she was only dating the guy to hide a lesbian relationship which resulted from her not being able to get over me either. apparently she was kind of depressed and this girl made herself supportive. anyways she left and we still keep in touch but i still cant get over her 100%, dont get me wrong i've dated other girls but when im single she's the one i wish i could be with. i just wish i could get over it all and let her live her life cause it feels like she gave me a chance to show her how i feel by coming back to visit and i blew it. should i visit her and give myself a chance or let it all go?

2. I read an article on Digg.com awhile back about this issue. The reason that it is so hard for many to get over their first love is because those emotions were so intense at the time, and it is hard to re-create that in other relationships. The newness of it all has died down and some may have unrealistic expectations that aren't satisfied because they aren't being swept off their feet with romantic excitement. I hope all that made relative sense, I'm really fucking tired right now, lol.

From personal experience I know how hard it is to get over an ex, but I wouldn't recommend pursuing things any further. I ended up getting back together with the bitch a few times and then we would break up, blah blah blah, repeat. Then after one of our other breaks we hooked up again, but this time it was different. I realized that all those times I hadn't gotten back with her wasn't because of "love", but because I missed the comfort that I had known while I was dating her. It sucks having to go without someone who you are so used to, but after awhile you should be able to move on. But what the fuck do I know, if you think it could work and you'd both be happy, go for it. But before you show up on her doorstep you should probably run things by her and make sure how she feels/thinks about the situation. After that I would evaluate what information you gathered and make a choice based on that.

Good luck man and I hope everything works out for you.

3. Yeah it does suck, i had a hard time. but i feel it only made me stronger.

4. yeah guys thanks for both your replies i figure i might as well just talk to her and even if i fuck everything up it wont matter as much anymore.

5. Wow. Now I'm kinda sad. THANK ALOT!

6. yea...i havent seen her fro a year and then all the sudden she drives up next to me at a light with my other xgirl in thseat...ended up burning a blunt with them and realised how much i missed her. its proboally because you share alot of good memories with them and there is always gunna be emotions theres

7. #7 Bencker, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    Oh yeah.. I do have a hard time getting over the first person that I loved. Here's a little rant if you're interested.

I had first love twice actually. The first girl cheated on me, and broke my heart. The second girl that I fell in love with was amazing. I was with her for about 7 months and i had matured since the first girl so I knew that relationships were fragile. But I still thought that we would be together for a long time. She got fed up with me and left me. I felt awful for many months, until i started feeling better and was starting to get over her.

Then.. I slept with one of her friends, and she found out. Before found out about this, she was thinking that we should try again. But now, I have absolutely no shot of getting back together with her, cause she just wants to be friends, and honestly, I can't only be her friend. I'd rather not talk to her at all. I still feel like shit because of this girl, cause, had I not fucked up, we could have tried again.

I have slept with 3 other girls since my ex, one of them tonight actually. But still, many months later, I miss her like crazy.

Man.. did I just write all this shit down? I have a really hard time expressing my feelings usually.

8. #8 I<3Milfs, Mar 14, 2009
    I hard no time getting over my first love. It was kind of weird cause she was fucking my brother a week later. That helps sooth the pain. :bongin:

To the person above me. You get heart broken after a 7 month relationship? Try a 5 year relationship then a freshman year in college fling and then another 2 year relationship. Gotta hate long term shit.

9. Nah man, I was with the girl who broke my heart for 2 years. The second one, 7 months, was way easier, but that shit is still pretty hard dude.

10. at least you guys know what it is to be loved

11. For the original question, it has taken me 9 months to get to a point to fully get over my first love. The icing on the cake was when I saw her last week (yikes), and realized I'm not at all attracted to her.

As for your post, I say let her go. These things end for a reason, let it be and move on.

12. Your left hand loves you.

To the OP shit gets rough in multi year relationships. I just try and stick to my bud and whatever lady wants to come for the ride with me is more than welcome. ;)

13. unfortunatly, i kno that pain...the whole brother thing....heartless pricks...bros b4 hoes my ass

14. I don't care me and my brother live together now. He's 23 and I'm 21. We grew apart for a while and then I picked up blazing a lot. We grew closer as we started to pick up bigger bags.

Bros before hoes unless the hoe is smoking hot and has a QP, Then hoes before bros.

15. lol sorry dude but yeah you're right. my best friend's almost 19 and has never had a gf, not even those little kid ones in elementary school, i cant imagine what that's like. he's just really shy i suppose

ive had that happen before i met up with an ex this past summer after not seeing her in about 3 yrs and she doesnt look at all like i remember lol
    and dude as evidenced by the fact that i do have exes after her...i've tried unsuccessfully to simply move on, but hey maybe college raises my chances to succeed in getting over her

haha yupp between now and the time i find love again, mary jane and i are in love, whom ever comes next will simply have to share me

16. #16 wenahaone, Mar 14, 2009

hahahaha you think a 7 month relationship is short? the longest relationship I've had is 1.5 months!(excluding my first girlfriend that I never fucked)

hahahahahaha

you know what's pathetic?....I felt bad after a girl dumped me after fucking her for a week! ....I've toughened up since then, though.

hahahahah

17. shit man i know how you feel. shit like this is hard to forget but you learn from this. takes a lot of time but most people get over it and start searching again. but yea man this damn post got me thinking about one of my exs now. damnit idk maybe i just go smoke a few bowls and forget about her and all that shit in the past haha.

18. good luck with that bro. yeah yenno shit happens i suppose. i guess there's always gonna be something/someone we cant have. cheers on the bowls though, next time burn one for me.

19. oh absolutely, man. i still miss my first gf from time to time, but thats a looooong story so i'll just say good luck with everything, bro

20. i was with my first love twice, and we broke up a month ago. i still think about it every day. so yeah, it is really tough getting over it.
    i once read something that said it takes about half the amount of time you were in the relationship to fully get over it. don't really know if that's true or not..
    but good luck, getting over your first love is probably one of the most difficult things to do, but it is possible.